Skip navigation
mar6123
Currently Being Moderated

Keyframes appear almos ramdomly and change place

Jul 2, 2013 3:35 PM

Tags: #audio_editing #keyframe_effect_problems

Can anyone help me with these problems concerning audio editing?  I’m working with Premiere Pro CS6:

• keyframes appear whenever I click on the volume level rubber band either with the pen tool or the selection tool, holding or not the command key. It takes a while to undo them and they keep on “growing” like mushrooms.
  • keyframes tend to change place and move next to the time indicator when I stop it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to mar6123

Almost sounds like a defective keyboard or stuck key to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 7:44 PM   in reply to mar6123

I've had similiar issues, in Premiere Pro CC - that keyframes are appearing on audio as I play and change settings, i.e. with multiband compressor.
    They are not random for me, and perhaps they seem random to you - but are appear where and when you make the changes?

They appear as I play - it seems a feature turned on by default, a change from CS6, but I dont know to turn it off.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 6:24 PM   in reply to thereelists

Check to see if the Write Keyframes button is depressed on the Audio Clip Mixer for at least one channel. If so, and if you don't want adjustments to audio effects to be keyframed, then deselecting the Write Keyframe option for all channels will do the trick.

This behavior is entirely by design with "intrinsic effects" that are native to all clips, like volume and pan/balance. Whether the ACM's Write Keyframes setting should also affect audio effects that you apply to a clip, like Multiband Compressor, was a topic of much debate internally. To put it another way, the current behavior is by design, but with dissenting opinions.

If you would prefer to have applied (non-intrinsic) effects operate independently of the Write Keyframes settings, please make your voice heard: https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

[For the record, I was not involved in the debate and honestly do not have a firm opinion about the ideal behavior.]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

It seems to me this is not a debate for a small team of developers to be having; but rather opening up forum discussions with end-users.  It's truly baffling how Adobe is pushing the Cloud without harnessing the power of the Crowd.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to cscooper2013

I'm not sure they can.  As a publicly traded company, Adobe has rules about what they can and can't say to a public audience regarding future plans and designs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

Jim's right. Also, you seem to be assuming, cscooper, that a public discussion would lead to some degree of consensus. In my experience, that outcome is more the exception the rule.

Besides, we have to make dozens of design decisions for each release. Which ones would you have us bring to the public. Keep in mind, too, that we do solicit input from our pre-release community and lighthouse customers on  issues like this, so we're not operating in a vacuum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points