Skip navigation
LulkArt
Currently Being Moderated

msvcrt.dll error

Jul 3, 2013 2:23 AM

When I try to open Photoshop CS6 it keeps telling me that I cannot open it because of the missing mscvrt.dll file I have tried the sfc /SCANNOW option but that doesn't work. It didn't repair anything.  I tried restoring to an earlier point on my computer using system restore. I also tried to re-install the program but it will not allow me to do it, because it keeps saying that my serial number is invalid. I am at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2013 2:35 AM   in reply to LulkArt

Are you sure it is 'mscvrt.dll', and not 'msvcrt.dll'?

What is your Windows version?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 2:43 AM   in reply to LulkArt

Ah, I see in the subject line 'msvcrt.dll'.

Can you search in your Windows folder where you have copies of msvcrt.dll - there is a good chance that you may have other copies from Windows Updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 3:43 AM   in reply to LulkArt

You need to provide exact system information.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Hi Pat,

I apologize it is the mscvrt10.dll error.  Here is an image- MSVCRT10.JPG

I have tried to reinstall my software, but It does not recognize my serial number and i've tried adobe help and all they do is confirm it is legit. I have yet to figure out how to be able to reinstall. Thanks for your help if you are able. - Tara

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 4:12 AM   in reply to Mylenium

System info.JPG

Hello Mylenium,

Here is the screenshot of my system info. Thanks- Tara

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to tlulka

Actually i don't believe the Msvcrt10.dll is part of the photoshop cs6 default install.

The Msvcrt10.dll usually only needed for certain older third party plugins in photoshop.

(and a few older plugins from adobe, such as Filter Factory, which used to come on the photoshop cd's years ago)

Do you have any third party plugins installed in photoshop cs6?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 10:12 PM   in reply to LulkArt

Interesting; I have CS6, but no msvcrt10.dll on my Windows 7 system.

What I would do if I encountered your situation is to download and install the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable from Microsoft

Windows 7 32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Windows 7 64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

You may need to run Windows Update afterwards to get the latest security updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 12:20 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

Hello R_Kelly,

Yes I did put a few third party plugins on photoshop. They were older plugins. The program seems to open but when I open the 64 bit photoshop program It will not allow me to access the filter gallery. All I get is this error now.

virtual tiles error.JPG

I am perplexed at what to do. Should I remove these 3rd party filters?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Hi Pat,

I will do as you suggest and download the Visual C++2010 software. I have a question, with adobe web and design premium CS6, I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit loaded onto my computer. Should I be able to use both if I want to? The 32 bit program seems to have alot more filters on it, and the 64 bit seems to have little or nothing in the way of a good selection of filters to use. I have to wonder because it would seem they should both have a good amount of filters on it. Thanks so much, Tara

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 12:26 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Pat,

One other question, Should I download both and install both since I have both types of software on my computer or should I download it based on the type of windows I have which is 64 bit (Windows 7)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 3:47 AM   in reply to tlulka

You only need to download (and install) the one that matches your Windows edition.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 9:49 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Hello Pat,

I did try to download the microsoft C++ program you recommended, but this is what I got:

Newer version c++.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 9:58 PM   in reply to tlulka

This means you already have the C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable installed (but with msvcrt10.dll missing).

Try reinstalling the SP1 redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 12:49 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Hello Pat,

Thank you again for your helpful advice. I did download it and was able to install and use the repair feature that popped up. However, It did not alleviate the problem I keep having with adobe photoshop in the no more virtual tiles can be allocated error. I still get this:no more Virtual.JPG

I'm at a loss at what I can do. If I talk to adobe they tell me I need tech support yet tech support isn't always there during the hours they state. Some people cannot get ahold of them because of "work" schedules and other things when they open first thing in the morning but their hours are supposed to be open as stated. This is why I came to this forum. You have been very helpful and informative. I am not sure there is an answer to this yet so I do not know what to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 2:59 AM   in reply to tlulka

See if anything in this topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375917 (especially the last post) helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points