Skip navigation
Tommy Collier
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects CC Error

Jul 3, 2013 11:42 AM

Just installed the After Effects CC (Mac) and I get the following errors on startup.

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {Unexpected FunctionBlock5 flags for FunctionBlock4} ( 5027 :: 53 )"

I click ok and then:

"AEGP Plugin SDK_IO: Could not register fily type. ( 5027 :: 12 )"

I click ok and then:

"AEGP Plugin SDK_IO: There was an error registering the plugin. ( 5027 :: 12 )"

Then AE will go ahead and open. Not sure if these errors are actually causing a problem yet other than that they are SUPER annoying and it makes me sad to be having these errors with a brand new fresh install of the new "improved" software...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 12.08.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 12.36.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 12.36.57 PM.png

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2013 12:48 PM   in reply to Tommy Collier

What was causing the problem (at least for me) was having the C4DFormat and C4dImporter plugins installed. Plexus plugin might be causing this problem as well. So it seems the problem is a conflict between the new cineware plugin in AE CC and the .c4d file format registration at startup.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to Tommy Collier

AE CC comes with the Cineware plugin, which means you no longer need the C4D importer.

Just drag your C4D file into your project. Throw that into your comp, and Cineware shows up as an effect on that layer. At the bottom of the effect controls, where it says "CINEMA 4D Scene Data", just hit "Extract", and voilá!

You can also import the C4D file directly into your comp by going into Lyer > New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 1:55 PM   in reply to gabevf

The importer plug-in should still work fine in After Effects CC; it's just causing these spurious (and admittedly annoying) error messages on start-up. Are you in fact able to use the importer now, once you've dismissed these error messages?

Maxon is working on issuing a new version of their importer plug-in that doesn't give these error messages. One of my coworkers is in contact with them about this to see when that will be available.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2014 11:56 AM   in reply to Tommy Collier

See this for a bug fix in the Maxon Cinema 4D exchange plug-in for After Effects CC: adobe.ly/PUHVms

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2014 9:31 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

^^ Worked like a charm. Thanks for the heads up Todd!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points