Skip navigation
LarkinAngel
Currently Being Moderated

Isotope Jquery plug-in and Dreamweaver 6

Jul 3, 2013 6:17 PM

Tags: #jquery #fluid_grid_layout #isotope #mixitup

I'm building a portfolio site using Fluid Grid layouts in Dreamweaver 6. I'd like to be able to filter the items in the gallery and have tried 2 different filter plug-ins but neither seem to work with Dreamweaver's fluid grid layout system.

First I tried MixItUp but that made the divs which were being filtered show up in the mobile layout. (The mobile layout is populated with swiper slideshows, which are not filterable.) I contacted the developer and he said to not use it with Dreamweaver because their fluid grid system was bloated and puts lots of unnecessary code in the site which would mess with the code for his plug-in.

Then I tried Isotope. This doesn't work either. I can filter the divs with both Isotope and MixItUp, but the script is affecting the layout in mobile, which should not be affected since neither the divs being filtered, nor the filter buttons exist in the mobile format.

Has anyone had any experience with these plug-ins and Dreamweaver?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to LarkinAngel

I believe that the current Fluid Grid (FG) is better than the original version. Despite that, I have not been compelled to use FG.

I use the Foundation framework, which is probably even more bloated than FG. Bootstrap is another of these bloated frameworks. A DW extension can be found here. Both these frameworks work well with jQuery plugins.

A commercial extension for DW can be found here. I have not used it, but it seems to be one of the better options.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points