Skip navigation
mwbstr7@aol.com
Currently Being Moderated

PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 10 USING CANON 7D IMAGE PROBLEMS - HELP PLEASE

Jul 4, 2013 6:26 AM

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ELEMENTS 10 AND IMAGES FROM MY CANON 7D WHEN I DOWNLOAD TO SONY LAPTOP ON WINDOWS VISTA. COLOURS ARE DISTORTED, ESPECIALLY ON REDS WHICH ARE SHOWING AS EXTREMELY VIVID AND SOME BROWNS GOING TO A WINE COLOUR. THIS IS A FAIRLY RECENT PROBLEM AND NOT SURE WHAT I AM DOING WRONG? HAVE I ADJUSTED A SETTING BY MISTAKE? ALL HELP APPRECIATED

MIKE WEBSTER

SCOTLAND

UK

70 YEARS YOUNG

mwbstr7@aol.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2013 6:28 AM   in reply to mwbstr7@aol.com

Is this both on screen and on prints?

Have you calibrated the machine?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to mwbstr7@aol.com

Mike, by "machine" I am referring to your laptop. No disrespect intended.

There are calibration tools available. Check with local vendor, or on-line at Amazon.

If you google:"How to calibrate laptop computers", you will get many hits, such as this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5047309

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 2:50 AM   in reply to mwbstr7@aol.com

Hi Mike,

You said that this is a recent problem - does that mean that you have download 7D images in the past which didn't have the colour problem?

If so, what do they now look like if you display a photo which was OK in the past?

Have you tried viewing the images using Canon's Zoombrowser?

Are you downloading JPG or RAW images?

Just a few ideas to try to help determine where the problem could be.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to mwbstr7@aol.com

Hi Mike,

If the older 7D images and some of the new images look OK, I doubt if it is a monitor calibration issue.

Have you tried different cards?

Do you download direct from the camera or use a card reader?

The one thing that I don't like is that the JPG & RAW both shows signs of colour problems since the JPG is created by the camera and the RAW image is processed by PSE.

Since you have had the 7D much longer than I have, you probably know the various settings & controls better than me.

Which version of the firmware in the camera are you using and have updated it recently?

Sorry, it is all questions

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to mwbstr7@aol.com

Hi Mike,

I need to update my firmware, I hadn't noticed that 2.0.3 was out until I asked you the question.

When you download an image and have the colour problem, have you tried deleting it from PSE and downloading it again?

Do you have any accounts like dropbox where you could upload a faulty image to so that I can download it and see what it looks like on my system?

I would normally suggest using a card reader in order to eliminate the camera/PC link. Have you tried using windows to copy the image from the camera to the hard drive and then look at the image inPSE?

Have you tried a different cable?

From your comment that Zoombrowser tends to show the colour problem, it sounds more like something is affecting the download of the images. It could be a hardware problem or the PSE dowloader.

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points