• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many RoboHelp Server licences?

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping that someone can clarify for me whether multiple authors can publish to a single installation of RoboHelp Server 9 at the same time using RoboHelp 10? Adobe are telling me that I need 3 server licences to do this, which increases the cost significantly. I was under the impression that a single RoboHelp Server would facilitate a multi-author environment, across multiple Help systems.

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This question reminds me of a situation I encountered many years back. The company I worked for misunderstood things and were adding ten seats to the call center. Because I used RoboHelp to create what the call center used, they thought they needed to order ten additional copies of RoboHelp to satisfy the ten new users.

While I'm no RoboServer guru, I believe the licensing is on a "per server" basis. As I understand it, any number of basic RoboHelp seats should be able to publish to a single server. All they need is the URL or whatever for the server that they publish to.

Hopefully John Daigle or Colum will pop in to confirm or deny my understanding.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is spot on. Only one licence is needed per RHS installation. Out of interest, what team at Adobe was telling you otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's as I understand it too.

It was a support guy I was speaking to via the Live Chat that said I'd need 3 licences to allow 3 users to publish to RHS. I then tried to phone Adobe Technical Support, but gave up after a 15 minute hold and thought about you friendly people on the forum instead .

Thanks again

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things may have got lost in translation a little. Each user wishing to publish to the RHS does need a RoboHelp licence. However as a site you would only need one RH Server licence. The key is where each application is installed. Each of your three authors use the RH client installed on their PC/laptop. They publish to RH Server which is installed on a separate server. So there are four installations in total, three client and one server. I hope this makes it clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp