Skip navigation
AmyHumps
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with retaining Brush Settings

Jul 4, 2013 10:04 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #help #error #crash #bug #brush #tool #stroke #cs6

Hi All,

I am currently having a big problem with Brush Settings in Illustrator. It was working perfectly fine until the other day so I am worried I have clicked a button incorrectly!

When I try and draw a line using the brush tool (and my tablet) I change the settings to, for example, Calligraphic 7pt Black with no stroke.

As soon as I draw it sets itself to No Fill and creates a Stroke instead, which doesn't show the pressure sensitivity I use with my tablet.

I have no idea why it started doing this as it worked fine a few days ago but it is vital to my job, the "New Art Has Basic Appearance" box is unchecked.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to AmyHumps

Brushes create essentially a no fill, stroked object. Unless you are using the Blob Brush. The Blob Brush results in a filled, no stroke object.

Using the 7pt Calligraphic brush, you should end up with a no fill, stroked path. If you need to have pressure read, click the small preference icon at the bottom of the Brush Panel and set the "Size" to pressure and increase the "Variation".

Snap_002.png

If you are using the Blob Brush and need pressure to be read, double-click the Blob Brush Tool and do the same thing for the "Size" drop down menu there.

By default, brushes aren't configured to read pressure input.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to AmyHumps

Have you restarted Illustrator? Rebooted the machine? Just to check?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points