Particularly the tab size, and whether or not to include related files on upload. It keeps asking me, even though I've clicked 'Don't ask again'.
I assume it's some sort of bug with preference syncing. How do I fix this, or report it as a bug?
1) Have you selected the "Enable Related Files" in General Preferences?
2) What is the tab size defined in Code Format Preferences? What happens when you use tab?
3) What are the Sync Settings set to? Have you selected "Enable Automatic Sync"
If possible, please post the screen shot of all the three preference windows.
Can you have a look at the solution in this doc http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/disable-welcome-screen-dreamweav er-cc.html and see if it helps you. While this doc is for the Welcome screen, it might apply to other areas as well.
Hi Bhawna (bgupta16)
1) Enable related files is checked. But I do not use a test server, so related files do not work, and are not needed, and I'm not sure why this being checked or not should effect dreamweaver remembering simple preferences.
2) The tab size is currently 2, because I've just changed it back to 2 from 4. It keeps changing back to 4 when I want it to stay at 2. Dreamweaver keeps reverting it - which is the whole problem. What happens when I use tab. The cursor tabs as it should... depending on the setting at the time. If it's 4, it tabs 4. And if I can be bothered fixing it yet again at the time. I'll update the preference to 2 spaces, then tab will move forwards by 2. I'm curious as to what answer you might have been expecting?
3) Automatic sync is enabled.
When I first noticed the issue with various preferences I like to change, your suggested solution was the first thing I tried.
That is, updating the preferences to my liking, and then immediately clicking the Sync Settings Now button in the hope that my new settings would be whisped away to the cloud to stay. But it didn't work, before long, the settings will revert.
Once you change the preferences in the preferences dialog, then you should save the changes by clicking Ok button. Now on syncing, all your changes will be synced to the cloud.
That is what I meant in the previous message. I was updating my preferences. Clicking ok. THEN clicking sync. I have tried this many times, and the preference keeps reverting.
It's actually impossible to click the 'sync' button while the preferences dialog is open. I assumed you would have known that