Skip navigation
EuanP
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Error Message When Burning a Blu Ray Project to DVD

Jul 5, 2013 6:19 AM

Tags: #problem #error #blu-ray #cs6 #build #transcoding #transcode #encore_cs6

Hi,

I'm trying to burn a Blu Ray project to DVD and I'm getting this message when I try to build the project:

Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 14.10.20.png

The project is an excerpt from a larger one and contains only 2 video files and no menus. However it's particularly worrying because the project from which this is an excerpt is large and complex. I have created it as a Blu Ray project but my final deliverable is DVD. I really don't want to have to rebuild as a DVD project because it took half a day to link up all of the menus and chapters.

Is there something I need to do in my encode settings?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to EuanP

>created it as a Blu Ray project but my final deliverable is DVD

I have a couple saved links about BluRay then to DVD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885601

-and http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1212931

I have also read several other message discussion problems like yours... with the solution being to create a DVD project if your output is DVD

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to EuanP

Unfortunately, advertising promises do not always match user realities when the product is used

Such as an AVCHD bug that I first saw mentioned May 2012 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1004369?tstart=0 and which has still not been fixed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to EuanP

The project is an excerpt from a larger one and contains only 2 video files and no menus. However it's particularly worrying because the project from which this is an excerpt is large and complex. I have created it as a Blu Ray project but my final deliverable is DVD. I really don't want to have to rebuild as a DVD project because it took half a day to link up all of the menus and chapters.

Is there something I need to do in my encode settings?

What are your encode settings? Are you bringing DVD ready transcodes into Encore?

Re-authoring as DVD may not fix the error you got.

Always test workflow, no matter what the documentation says.  I would take the time even now in your process to do a simple test project to see that the assets/timelines and a single menu work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to EuanP

So when you look at "transcode settings" under the DVD column, you see "automatic"?

I'd test the error you got by removing the offending timeline (from that little side project, right?), and see if you get the error on the other timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to EuanP

Back in PrPro, can you Export your 1920 x 1080 Timeline(s), to either DV-AVI, DV-MOV or MPEG-2 DVD, and then Import that/those into Encore for authoring to DVD-Video?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to EuanP

Thank you for that information.

Since you have not used ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) to get your Timeline(s) from PrPro to En, you will be using the Export from FCP and then Import into En. I would choose the DV/DVC MOV from FCP, and just Import those into En as Timelines.

Now, I normally Export separate Audio and Video Streams, and those work perfectly in En. Being on a PC-only, I have not used the DV MOV format/CODEC, but you might want to consider Exporting separate Streams too. Then, just Import the MOV into En as a Timeline, and the Audio-only file, as an Asset, which you would then drag to the appropriate Encore Timeline, where it will snap.

I hope that this workflow will get your Project complete, with but a little Exporting.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to EuanP

I would like to avoid having to recreate over a hundred chapter points and a large number of menus with animated backgrounds. If I can achieve this by fooling Encore into relinking to .mov's of a different resolution then I'll be a happy person.

I would try a bit more at getting the encore "make a DVD from a BD project" workflow to work. Many users have issues.

Yes, your encode settings may be the issue. What are they?

The whole BD to DVD may be unrelated to the aspect ratio error. I would try that workflow first with a simpler project with your actual assets. Build the BD (as you have already done). One timeline and asset with chapters. One menu with background video. Does it work as BD? Now change the project settings, and pay attention to the DVD default transcode (there aren't many choices). Use "transcode now" rather than letting the timeline transcodes happen at build.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to EuanP

The other alternative is to build to image or folder, and burn with another app, e.g. ImgBurn for PC or Toast for Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to EuanP

Look at the "Transcode Status" in the project panel (for both DVD and Bluray - they are separate columns) before and after using "transcode now." If it says "Transcoded" after, it is not likely to be transcoding during the build. What do you see during the build?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 11:36 AM   in reply to EuanP

The "Transcode Now" operation is transcoding of assets for timelines. And they still must be muxed with the audio during the build. There is other transcoding during the build (I think that is what it is still called when the build renders out menus/motion menus).

The "Rebuilding Audio Tracks" is what has been seen when Encore, for whatever reason, decides it can't pass through 5.1 sound. Is your audio 5.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 6:38 PM   in reply to EuanP

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 4:44 AM   in reply to EuanP

Let us know. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 1:42 PM   in reply to EuanP

full bore diva tantrum.

Angst understood. But the description made me giggle!

Google "The subtitle or menu subpicture is too complex." Lots of issues. And lots of potential confusion. So I'll stop with whether or not you have subtitles. If yes, we can look at that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to EuanP

A fresh project is sometimes the perfect solution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points