Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Uninstall Bridge CC

Jul 5, 2013 6:43 AM

Tags: #adobe #bridge #mac #creative_cloud #cc

As Bridge CC was installing, I found the options button on the CC manager to change the default installation into a folder instead of loose into Applications.  Now I would like to do a proper uninstall/reinstall before installing the other applications from Creative Cloud because I want Bridge to be in the same folder with the others, but don't see how to uninstall.      ~ Jane Mountain Lion

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to jane-e

THere should be an uninstall program option in the Win OS, not sure where it is in Mac OS. 

I would be cautious of installing Bridge in a non-default location.  Programs work best in the default location as this is where other programs look when cross program sharing is needed.  No matter where you install it there will always be some files on the C drive, or root drive on a Mac.  Therefore if you are set on installing it in a special place uninstall it, the run Adobe Script Cleaner.  Install, but after installation do not move any program files to a different location.

Now if you are just talking about moving the default cache disk location that is a different matter.  THat can be moved at any time.  Just delete the old cache.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt Y wrote:

THere should be an uninstall program option in the Win OS, not sure where it is in Mac OS…

There are no uninstallers at the OS level on the Mac.

Adobe, however, has been installing Uninstallers as part of the default Photoshop installation in recent versions. Up until Photoshop CS3, the Adobe Photoshop Uninstaller was installed only in the Applications/Utilities folder.  As of CS4, an alias of the Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS4 application is installed inside the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4 folder.  It's still in the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder.

Up until the CS6 Perpetual License release, there was no Bridge uninstaller.  You have to uninstall Photoshop in order to uninstall Bridge.

I have no clue what happens in the Cash Cow subscription model, though.  Just though you'd find this interesting.  :-p

Curt Y wrote:

…No matter where you install it there will always be some files on the C drive, or root drive on a Mac…

It's not the "root" drive but the BOOT drive on a Mac, usually called "Macintosh HD" unless and until the user re-names it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to jane-e

Jane,

It's a monumentally bad idea to create folders or sub-folders in a misguided attempt to "organize" things.  You'd have all kinds of grief because of that, such as updaters, installers and uninstallers not finding stuff where they expect it, filters and plug-in losing their way, etc.  We have had many users who come here with all kinds of problems because they hid their Adobe applications in a sub-folder.  It's a guaranteed, proven recipe for grief later on.

I strongly urge you NOT to go through with your well-intentioned but ill-thought, catastrophic plan.  ALWAYS honor the default install location of all Adobe applications.

You've been warned now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to jane-e

[ insults removed by admin -

TL,DR: the poster makes it clear he does not like the installer or support teams ]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to station_two

Thanks to admin—who obviously did read the entire message above, as the edit of the expurgated text is a pretty darn good, pithy description of the frank original. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points