Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Change Bridge Default List View Columns

Jul 5, 2013 7:39 AM

Tags: #bridge #content #view #columns #list #defaults

I only view specific image information and am continually moving the list view column headers around.

Is there a way that you can set the default list view columns to display only what you need?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to MToys

What are you calling List View Column?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 5, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to MToys

Is there a way that you can set the default list view columns to display only what you need?

You can create your own custom workspaces using the triangle next left to the search field top right Bridge window and choose new workspace.

First you have to define your workspace by resizing or moving the panels to other locations (grab a panel tab and it will be surrounded by bleu lines, move to other location. A horizontal line means as a row in a column. A vertical line creates a column (max 3) and a surrounding line puts it in the same location as an extra tab.

Use either menu view / list or use the default Metadata workspace that also shows list view.

You can right click on the title of the column in list view and from the sub menu choose to insert or close certain columns. This is rather limited in options and the name column can't be altered at all (logically I would think…)

Try playing around and when satisfied save it as new workspace and you can always revert to it by clicking on the workspace name and sometimes also needing to use the reset workspace button (workspaces are still far from perfect but in its current state also proved to be very useful).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to MToys

I have no answer as I would have to play around with it to see what works as you did with Omke's suggestion.  I would have said similar things.

If there are fields you do not want to see go into preferences/metadata and uncheck those fields. 

If you have load Bridge on startup checked in advanced preferences any change you make will not be saved unless you click file/exit first.  Just closing program by clicking on X will not do it.

After you change the column order  go to Window/Workplace/New Workplace and save it with Test 1.  If you open a different workspace like "Essential" then change back to Test 1 what do you see?  Is it as you saved it or back to original?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 8, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to MToys

However, it re-adds default ones that I remove which is not ideal.

I see what you mean, should not happen but it does…

However, you can also change the order of the columns by dragging the tabs to a new position including the width (cursor in between two tabs). If you deselect the ones you don't want and fill the content panel with what you like to see and then save as a new workspace including panel location and sort order.

When you select the workspace again the other columns are added to the end and invisible unless you scroll (at least on my system - Mac 10.8.4)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2014 11:54 AM   in reply to MToys

I guess there has been no solution to this bug..  been trying to figure out how to do the same thing, and the columns keep reappearing..  

that coupled with buggy displays when usings the mouse scroll that will always move left right instead of up down in the list view mode makes for things being hard to navigate.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points