Skip navigation
Shirleymb4
Currently Being Moderated

PDF shows graphic frame

Jul 5, 2013 10:16 AM

I created photo "corner stickers" for my photos that will be inserted in my document. The square frame of the tiff, even though I tried to erase it, still shows. This site does not allow me to upload the PDF sample, the tiff or the InDesign document!

Message was edited by: Shirleymb4

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Shirleymb4

You cam embed a screen shot or other image in your post using the camera icon on the web page, like this:

CameraIcon.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to Shirleymb4

Sounds like waht you had is called "stitching," usually a thin whit outline around the object, that is transparency flattening artifact. When you print (distill) PDF there is no support for live transparency, so all files are flattened, buyt you can maintain transparency, and eliminate the stitching by exporting to Acrobat 5 or higher compatibility.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to Shirleymb4

You should be exporting directly from ID. You don't need any other software to produce a proper PDF from InDesign.

As I said, printing PDF is not going to preserve transparency, no matter what settings you choose, but using the built-in PDF library in ID will preserve it as long as compatibility is set to Acrobat 5 or higher. As far as viewers, the only one guaranteed to render the PDF correctly is Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Other PDF readers have varying degrees of trouble with complex PDFs and your experience will vary depending on the PDF itself and the viewer used.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points