Skip navigation
Paulcardo
Currently Being Moderated

Test Movie, with webservice

Jul 5, 2013 11:00 AM

Hi,

Im doing a game that shows numbers based on a webservice call, it calls the service every 10 seconds, and the numbers change after a while.

I can see the numbers change when I select:  Test Movie in Browser.   It works fine.

But the numbers never change when is :  Test Movie in Flash Professional

When I do Test Movie in Flash Professional, it call the webservice, but the answer is always the same, but when test the service in a browser the answer/numbers have changed.

Please help, I have tried changing settings in the Publish, the best i got was on Debug, It gets the first call a fresh answer from the service, but the nexts call the answer does not change.

Im just starting with Flas CC and AS3. I have done other games with AS2 and never saw this problem.

I can share the .fla and .as     if nedded

Thanks

Paul

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to Paulcardo

What does the code for the call to the service look like?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to Paulcardo

Try adding a randomly generated number to the end of the call as another url variable and see if that helps....

var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(this.gWebServiceURL + "/theThingServerSide/theThing.theThingMethods.svc/ajaxendpoint/getRes ult?agentID=" + this.gAgentId + "&randNum=" + Math.random());

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to Paulcardo

What the random variable does is it forces the url request to be unique each time which drives the processing to look to the server to fulfill the request rather than the cache.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points