Skip navigation
lilsaxgirl7737
Currently Being Moderated

Returning to an older verion of Elements? (8 to 7)

Jul 5, 2013 12:20 PM

I need to uninstall my Elements 8 and return to my Elements 7; there are some glitches that I just can't seem to ignore anymore. However, while I haven't created too many files with 8, and nor are any of them "fancy" (meaning, they don't utilize any tools or effects that 7 doesn't already have), I'm worried about what will happen to them when I switch?

Is there a way to "downgrade" those select files so that they can be opened with 7? (Much like Microsoft Word's compatability mode, for example?) 

What will happen when I switch over? Will my files be deleted?

Will Elements 7 automatically just NOT apply anything that doesn't fit its capabilities?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to lilsaxgirl7737

It depends on what you're talking about. An image file is an image file and it doesn't care bediddly about what version of PSE created it. However, if you use the organizer, you can't downgrade a catalog. Your PSE 7 catalog will still be there (organizer made a copy to upgrade for PSE 8) but you will lose any work done in the PSE 8 organizer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to lilsaxgirl7737

Yes, both versions should open the images, and you can have as many versions of PSE on your computer as you like, just not run them all at the same time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points