Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Jul 5, 2013 1:30 PM

Tags: #app #flash #google #android #play #cc #p12 #rsa

Hi,

I´ve just finished my first Android App using Flash CC and I´d like to upload it to the Google Play Store.

Now Google says there is a RSA-Key Code I have to use ... somehow.

Can anyone tell me what I´ve got to do with it? And please explain it for Dummies

I´ve been searching for some hours now, but I didn´t find anything helpful / anything I could work with. Most Tutorials and Instructions are for FlashBuilder or PC users. Nothing I could use or even understand

I´m working on a Mac using Flash CC - so I´m stuck right now.

So please - HELP ME!

Best regards

Jan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 10:44 PM   in reply to dasessig

Hi,

It's not clear from your post, at what steps you'r being asked for an RSA key. When do you see the request for RSA key? Is it while pakcaging your APK or while uploading the APK on store? Could you please share a snapshot of the UI where you see the request for RSA? Your application is set to free or paid? Have you used any kind of licensing API http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/adding-licensing.ht ml (using a native extension) ?

-Thanks

Pahup

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 1:21 AM   in reply to dasessig

You need to use the RSA key provided by Google portal only when you're using licensing APIs in your application. Licensing APIs help you prevent the unauthorized usage of the APK.

Please see this for more details  - http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/index.html

If you opt out of using the licensing APIs, then you don't need to use RSA key anywhere.

How to use Android licensing APIs in Adobe AIR - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/android-licensing-native-exte nsions.html

-Pahup

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 5:07 AM   in reply to dasessig

Hi,

We recently updated (on 15th July) the article to make it work with latest Google LVL offerings, not sure if you've already gone through it, could you please try this again? Also, we're looking into as to what might be causing your java errors.

To answer your question (why not with Flash CC) - as the Java project requires the RSA key in the code, it has to be built by the developer only, it can not be delivered as a pre-built ANE. Also, it's not mandatory to use Flash Builder,  you could use any IDE which suppots Java, you just need to build the jar file.

Also, just wanted to let you know that it's not mandatory to use this LVL native extension, it's a recommendation from Google for paid apps on Play store.

Thanks

-Pahup

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to dasessig

No, this wouldn't prevent the installation on any device. If internet connection is not availabe then you will not be able to check the authenticity of the application, in that case you might want to block the user to proceed, up to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 10:31 PM   in reply to dasessig

Yes, the application can be installed on any device. Internet connection requirement would depend on your app logic. Basically, you need to decide if you want to check the authenticity (that the app is actually licsensed, purchased from Google play) of the app (by connecting to google lvl server using the ) on every launch or on 1st launch, recommendation is to have the function (which would check this) be called on every launch. Check the step 9 in "developing sample air app" section.

We're looking into the errors.

-Pahup

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 12:03 AM   in reply to Pahup

It looks like you're using AIR SDK 3.7, there were few fixes in Java files in AIR SDK 3.8, please download it from adobe.com and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

-Pahup

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points