Skip navigation
JLexchin
Currently Being Moderated

Grey smudge on screen after closing pdf

Jul 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Tags: #pdf #files #combine #grey #pdfs #closing #single #smudge #into

In the past couple of days whenever I close a pdf file that I’ve opened in Acrobat (11.0.03) I get a small grey smudge in the middle of the screen with a vertical line at the top of the grey area (see below). This grey area and the line go away when I click on the screen. The same grey smudge appears when I try to use the “Combine files into a single PDF” and this function doesn’t work. The same problem doesn’t occur when I open and close pdf files in Apple Preview. I tried deleting Acrobat and then reinstalling but the problem persists. I’m using OS 10.8.4 and have not done anything new to my system.

Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 4.19.06 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to JLexchin

How did you go about Uninstalling Acrobat?  Did you just throw in Trash and empty or did you use the uninstaller and the reinstall?

Also did you repair permissions? after installing and after installing updates. Applications and updates are bad about getting permission settings wrong. (Not just Adobe).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to JLexchin

For a test download Reader (use to be called acrobat Reader).

try opening the the Pdf from Reader.

If Reader shows PDF fine. Ther may be an issue with Preference file for acrobat.

To try locate the following file (using Find File or my favorite EasyFind) : com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist.

Move it to trash. (don't empty yet).

Open acrobat and see if the smudge and line appears.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to JLexchin

Didn't see the image.

But glad you got it figured out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status