Skip navigation
Jammernz
Currently Being Moderated

Destroying BridgeCC

Jul 5, 2013 8:00 PM

Tags: #no #export #output #to #anyone #use #bridgecc

Adobe why would you take a awesome product like BridgeCS and remove contact sheets and exporting.

Bridge was fast for grading correcting RAWS and outputing contact sheets, once approved being able to Export out was everything you needed.

I'm surprised you left camera import and RAW edit in

Forcing users that are paying for your products to use other products without question has gone too far.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to Jammernz

Very unusual for Adobe employees to visit here, and if they do it's often in their spare time. No official Adobe moderators in these forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to Jammernz

Adobe promised to post a replacement for the missing Output Panel in Bridge CC shortly after launching it.

That was nearly a month ago and we are STILL waiting for an Update for Bridge CC to be posted.

Never mind if the Output Panel has not yet been optimised for Retina monitors, PLEASE just let us have whatever you can at this stage -- regardless of whether or not it has yet been Retina-ized.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

Adobe promised to post a replacement for the missing Output Panel in Bridge CC shortly after launching it.

That was nearly a month ago and we are STILL waiting for an Update for Bridge CC to be posted.

Never mind if the Output Panel has not yet been optimised for Retina monitors, PLEASE just let us have whatever you can at this stage -- regardless of whether or not it has yet been Retina-ized.

Who are you talking to? They're not here. We're just users like you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to Yammer

I posted the comment here because it is reasonable to expect that any Product Manager worth his salt will at least READ the forums which relate to his Product and perhaps understand how much havoc the lack of an Output Module is causing and the urgent need we have for his promised replacement of the  AOM.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 10:48 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

Ann,

That is a perfectly reasonable expectation except when it comes to the elephantine Adobe bureaucracy.

How many years ago did we (you specifically) first begin asking for a very simple-to-implement modification to the Photoshop History palette to reverse the order in which the history states are presented?  Or to make the dark interface in Reader and other Adobe applications a mere option?

Have you ever been able to determine who the Bridge product manager is or whether there's even such a position?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 1:20 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

I posted the comment here because it is reasonable to expect that any Product Manager worth his salt will at least READ the forums which relate to his Product and perhaps understand how much havoc the lack of an Output Module is causing and the urgent need we have for his promised replacement of the  AOM.

I've been a regular in this forum for years, and you might get CS staff in here for an hour every few months. The words 'ashtray' and 'motorbike' spring to mind.

I thought most people familiar with Bridge would be aware that it's treated as a low-priority supplemental product, despite its usefulness and potential for improvement. I doubt that there is anyone at Adobe who looks after Bridge as their main priority.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

Camera Ann,

Unless changed recently the official policy of Adobe is that any time spent viewing, or responding to questions on the forum, is to be done on their own personal time.  So you can see there is a dis-incentive for Adobe staff to visit these sites, or become involved. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points