Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

EPUB cover image cutting off after export

Jul 5, 2013 9:19 PM

Tags: #jpeg #ebook #cover #epub #cover_image #jpeg_image #jpeg_cover #ebook_cover #epub_cover

Hi! I am using an external JPEG image as the cover of my ebook. Every time I select the image and export my ebook the image gets cutt off halfway down, no matter how small I edit the image to be. I've tried a number of different settings but nothing has changed the size of the cover image. I've also converted it to a GIF image with the same result.

To be clear, when I enter "EPUB Export Options" and go to the "Setup" section of the dialog box to select "Cover" and "Select Image," then export the file, the image shows up fine in the cover thumbnail but I can only see half of it when I open the actual ebook.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to haley_e_2013

Try checking it in an actual device, like an Ipad or Android tablet. Sometimes the ereaders (Adobe Digital Editons or others) show different than the actual devices. That's been my experience.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to Ellis home

In particular, Adobe Digital Editions is useless for an accurate preview of a cover.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to haley_e_2013

Well, I went through the same situation that you are in. I tried many different ways to fix it and nothing worked. Then I just sent it to a relative to check it for me in an Ipad and she told me it looked fine. Also in some eraders like Calibre it looked fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to haley_e_2013

This is something else you might try: insert the cover in the first page and in the export options choose Rasterize First Page. If that's not an option, then you'll have to tweak the CSS file for the cover. But that's a different story. I didn't go that far because the fact that my ebook looked OK in the Ipad was good enough for me.

Just another point: when I change the font size to small in ADE the cover looks OK!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points