Hi! I am using an external JPEG image as the cover of my ebook. Every time I select the image and export my ebook the image gets cutt off halfway down, no matter how small I edit the image to be. I've tried a number of different settings but nothing has changed the size of the cover image. I've also converted it to a GIF image with the same result.
To be clear, when I enter "EPUB Export Options" and go to the "Setup" section of the dialog box to select "Cover" and "Select Image," then export the file, the image shows up fine in the cover thumbnail but I can only see half of it when I open the actual ebook.
That's good to know! Regardless, is there anything I can try to fix this issue? I'm continuing a series of ebooks that were previously created by someone else so mine all have to match theirs, and the covers they created all show up fine on Digital Editions (which is also what my bosses are using to view the ebooks).
Well, I went through the same situation that you are in. I tried many different ways to fix it and nothing worked. Then I just sent it to a relative to check it for me in an Ipad and she told me it looked fine. Also in some eraders like Calibre it looked fine.
This is something else you might try: insert the cover in the first page and in the export options choose Rasterize First Page. If that's not an option, then you'll have to tweak the CSS file for the cover. But that's a different story. I didn't go that far because the fact that my ebook looked OK in the Ipad was good enough for me.
Just another point: when I change the font size to small in ADE the cover looks OK!