Skip navigation
laymond2
Currently Being Moderated

transitions

Jul 6, 2013 3:39 AM

when I select transitions to apply to my movie project, transitions often time never finish loading.  it will give a message that adobe have stopped working and will try to find solution on line.  it never does and kick me out by shutting down.  where do I start to solve my problem

I reinstalled my premier element 10 software but no change.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 5:43 AM   in reply to laymond2

Hello, laymond2. This is the Photoshop Elements forum and very few of us use Premiere Elements, which has its own forum. You'll get better help with PRE problems there. I'll move this for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 6:03 AM   in reply to laymond2

laymond2

Would you please explain further...especially the part about transitions often time never finish loading in the same sentence with applying.

Are you installing 3rd party transitions into your Premiere Elements 10? If so, which ones and where are they from?

Premiere Elements 10 installation includes transitions. There is no Content download for them. Perhaps the exception might have been if you were a photoshop.com plus member in the pre version 11 time (photoshop.com and photoshop.com plus gone). If you want to apply a transition between two video or audio clips, you can drag the transition from the transitions display in the program to the Timeline. Is that what you are doing? The term "loading" in this context would be expected as "applying". If you are indeed applying a transition between clips and are having problems, try trimming (cutting off by a few seconds) the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second clip and then applying the clip. Does that make a different.

If none of the above gets at the core of the issue, then we would need more information...the usual

a. What is your computer operating system? What do you computer resources look like?

b. Is your video card and audio card drivers up to date according to the manufacturer of those cards?

c. What is your project preset? And, what are the properties of your Timeline content?

Let us start here and then decided what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to laymond2

Can you give us more information about your system?

What operating system are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit? If you are using a Windows computer, have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded the non-critical updates (which do not download automatically)? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive -- and when did you last run Disk Cleanup and the defragmenter on it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to laymond2

This behavior can be caused by an obsolete, or corrupt video driver, as ATR mentions above. That would be the first thing that I would investigate. Go to the video card's mfgr's. Web site, and see if there is a newer video driver for your card and OS, and if so, install that.

The Transitions Library Panel is full of animations, and that relies heavily on the video driver to fully display.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to laymond2

For the 10GB HDD partition, the one with only 1GB remaining, how is that used by your system, or by PrE?

Often, one sees small partitions, that are used for a mirror, or image of the OS, and are only used as a backup, like a Windows utility/restore DVD, but if your system is using that, or if PrE is using that, there could be issues. Please let us know more about that.

Now, is there a video driver update for the Intel video chip, on the Intel Web site?

Also, if you have a Dell, HP, Lenovo, or other major mfgr., you would likely want to check their Web site, as well, since many will re-wrap the video drivers, to work with their hardware and OS version.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to laymond2

laymond2

Thanks for the explanation of your transition issue. It was very helpful.

I am just getting back to your thread now. I see that you have had some suggestions from SG and Hunt on this matter.

Lots of details to put together. Top on my list is the video card and the video card driver update. If the video card driver is up to date according to the manufacturer of the card, the video card could still go to the issue in one of its features. I rememeber that happening in a big way back with Premiere Elements 7. But, that involved NVIDIA, and I have not seen too many of that type of report in a while. I have Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit with the Intel HD Graphics video card driver and have not run into problems, transitions or otherwise.

We will watch for further details and your checking all the suggestions.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points