Skip navigation
skyline2006
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere CS 5.5 not playing anything

Jul 6, 2013 6:42 AM

I'm currently running Windows Vista 64bit with CS5.5 Production Premium.  I've tried importing audio as well as video, from both external scratch drives and the main drive, premiere plays 1-10 frames of video or a second of audio and stops.  I've had this problem with CS4 and updating no further than 4.1, solved the problem. I've updated both vid and audio drivers, updated premiere to 5.5.2.  I've searched the forum but most solutions seem related to mac.  I'm at a loss, I'm editing 5d footage, but this problem also applies to standard mp3 files as well.  Any ideas would be helpful!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to skyline2006

One thing that stands out for me is the use of externals and a main drive.  Neither are optimal.  Ideally you want a minimum of three internal drives, with five being a better basic arrangement.

Minimum

C: System

D: Projects/Cache/Scratch

E: Media/Exports

Basic

C: System

D: Projects

E: Cache/Scratch

F: Media

G: Exports

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to skyline2006

How about your system and video project specs?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to skyline2006

1st, while it MAY work, Vista is not a supported version of Windows

2nd, 3gig of ram is barely enough to load Vista and the program, with virtually nothing left over to actually DO anything

3rd, DSLR video requires a STRONG computer... your configuration really is not very strong

This message has a really good graphic about requirements - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/810750 - click the picture to enlarge to readable size

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points