Skip navigation
Nazhiyath
Currently Being Moderated

Loss of New Synchronized Window option in BridgeCC

Jul 6, 2013 4:12 PM

Tags: #customer_service #bug_report #complaint

I just signed up for PhotoshopCC.

I have been using PS with a dual monitor system but the CC version of Bridge has dropped the ability to create a  "New Synchronized Window" so that I can review the files on the second monitor without any of the clutter.

Is there any chance that this will be fixed soon. I know many professionals who use 2 monitors.

Thanks for the help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to Nazhiyath

The Photoshop forum is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

This forum is only for discussions on the forums themselves.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 5:41 PM   in reply to Nazhiyath

Just one of the many features eliminated in CC Bridge.  Adobe - always improving their software for the user.

Unavailable in Adobe Bridge CC

#

The following features are no longer available in this version of Adobe Bridge.

• Adobe Output Module
    • Export Panel
    • Compact Mode
    • 3D File format thumbnails and previews
    • Synchronized window

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 7:16 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I never ever used Bridge for anything

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to Nazhiyath

Welcome to the forum.

As has been pointed out, this one is for discussion of the Adobe Forums, themselves.

I will Move your post to the Adobe Bridge Forum, where you will likely get even more assistance.

[Moved to Adobe Bridge Forum]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to Nazhiyath

Professionals who need to use multiple formats and CS/CC Applications make continuous use of Bridge ( in fact often use it for more hours monthly than any other single app ) and the removal of key parts of Bridge in the CC version is deplorable.

This shows just how badly out of touch the Adobe budget-setting is with the requirements of their Customers; and needs to be corrected without any further delay.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to Nazhiyath

The loss of the New Synchronized Window is indeed deplorable. Why would Adobe remove features? I use it all the time with my clients to help them select photos. I'll need to go back to CS6 until this is fixed! Why are moving backwards?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 8:58 AM   in reply to Nazhiyath

I really don't understand why they'd remove this critical functionality. I tried solving it by stretching a single window across two monitors, but then found out there's another bug with Bridge that makes the mouse scroll wheel stop working on the secondary monitor. You'd think new versions would be better than older ones, but Bridge keeps getting worse.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 9:31 AM   in reply to superkevkt

PS CC is moving forward at a rapid rate, but Bridge now a separate program, and is pretty much stuck in neutral or reverse.  Don't have CC so can't say if they are providing updates or not.  PS seems to come out with an update every few weeks, but don't think there has been an updated feature to Bridge since CS5?  All they did in CS6 was change to 64 bit mode, which I feel has slowed down the thumbnail building process.  And of course in Bridge CC they dropped the Output Module (added back), synchronization, and 3D thumbnails.

If you want features reinstated or, new ones added your best avenue is to post on http://feedback.photoshop.com site.  Then get everyone you know to vote for it and hope they move forward. 

Good Luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points