Skip navigation
uktog13
Currently Being Moderated

How do I manually activate photoshop CS6 which has stopped working after a few weeks?

Jul 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Tags: #photoshop_cs6_reactivation

I bought CS6 back in april and activated it using a dongle because I do not use a computer connected to the internet for adjusting images (for security reasons). It worked for a few weeks, but stopped working while I was in the middle of doing something. How do I reactivate the software manually (do I need a special code and if yes, how do I get hold of it)?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to uktog13

Photoshop doesn't have a dongle, or a way to activate using a dongle.

There are activation procedures available for security/law enforcement installations.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to uktog13

For manual activation of CS 6 you need to contact adobe. They will guide you through the process. They will ask you the authorisation code and in return will give you the activation code. In order to generate a authorisation code you have to double click by holding down ctrl or shift (not sure). Sorry but i don't remmember actually. Don't worry adobe customer service will guide you through the process. However you do need an internet connection to activate the product.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to uktog13

You mean a USB Ethernet adapater - hardly a dongle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_protection_dongle).

The Photoshop requirements do state that you need a network connection for activation and installation.  You don't need it all the time, but you will need to connect every month or so unless you get a special license for law enforcement, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 5:35 PM   in reply to uktog13

uktog13 wrote:

Hi,

a dongle is a device…

You're under a serrious misconception there, uktog13.

Guru Chris Cox has already given you a Wikipedia link, but even a dictionary will set you straight:

dongle

don·gle  (dôngl, dng-)

n.

A hardware device that serves as copy protection for certain software by rendering the software inoperable when the device is not plugged into a printer port.

[Probably arbitrary coinage.]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to uktog13

uktog13 wrote:

Thanks. They didn't mention internet connection on the box and I would not have bought the software if they had…

An "Internet Connection" was prominently included in the minimum requirements to run CS6, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to uktog13

uktog13 wrote:

The device I use to connect to the internet plugs into the USB port and dongle is all I have ever known it as (link below).

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/broadband/mobile-broadband

The word dongle doesn't appear on that page—not even once. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to uktog13

So, that's who led you astray. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to uktog13

I hope you realize that you are not addressing Adobe here, in these user to user forums.

We are all users just like you.  We are not here to apologize for Adobe or to defend them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points