Skip navigation
Mirakita02
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop stops responding when creating a 11x8.5 collage

Jul 7, 2013 9:08 AM

Tags: #elements_11 #stops_responding #11x8.5_photo_collage

I've been using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 for a couple of months to create 11x8.5 photo collage's as part of my digital scrapbook. Yesterday, when I tried to create a new collage the program stopped responding and forced me to close it. It will only do this with an 11x8.5, it's not a problem for any other size, unfortunetly the rest of my pages are 11x8.5 so I really need to be able to use this size! What could possibly be causing this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Mirakita02

Go to the editor preferences and click this button, then restart the editor:

prefs reset.gif

If that doesn't do it, there's not a thing you can do with a collage in Create that you can't do with a blank file in the editor and the graphics panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to Mirakita02

Generally, if you plan to print the result, 300 ppi is considered ideal. For images that you will only see on-screen, you can go as low as 72 ppi.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to Mirakita02

I have this same problem and the suggestion didn't help me.  Does anyone know of a solution?

I've tried it in both the Organizer and Editor interfaces and tried selecting and de-selecting the box indicating "Autofill with Selected Images". 

8.50 x 11.00 works fine, but 11.00 x 8.50 - crashes every time.

"Adobe Photoshop Elemets 11 has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Would love to find a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:35 PM   in reply to dbobby

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone might have a solution or an idea I can try.  I really need to make this work somehow.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points