Skip navigation
d mac in marin
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge cannot Find PS CC

Jul 7, 2013 6:26 PM

Tags: #bridge

Hello, I have loaded Bridge, PS CC and LR 5 onto my SSD drive called S, and Bridge wants to look for PS on my C drive and will not load an image into PS.  Any advice is most appreciated.

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to d mac in marin

You are always asking for trouble if you do not use the default locations for programs.  Other programs, installers, updaters, etc. expect to find them in certain locations.  In Windows this is on drive C. 

If you are going to put your programs on a different drive or folder you must install it there.  Be aware that you will still have many files installed on the C drive.  If you install on C and move you will sever links and program will not work. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 7:47 PM   in reply to d mac in marin

The usual proceedure is to install the program files on the C drive and the cache and other files elsewhere.  But not dictating what you can do, just potential problems if you deviate from the default installation location.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2013 11:58 PM   in reply to d mac in marin

since CS4 this has been my protocol,

First thing to try is reset preferences, hold down option (Mac) or control key (win) while starting Bridge and choose reset prefs. This will set the file type associations back to default and that would mean when using Bridge CC it will be pointing to PS CC

If both Bridge CC and PS CC are on the SSD it should be possible, but if you have them both on separate drives I think Curt has a point

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to d mac in marin

d mac in marin wrote:

Hello, I have loaded Bridge, PS CC and LR 5 onto my SSD drive called S, and Bridge wants to look for PS on my C drive and will not load an image into PS.  Any advice is most appreciated.

Unclear on this statement.  You direct where you want Bridge to look by clicking on drive and folder.  When you look at the Folders Panel in CC do you have the entire computer directory showing?  If not what do you see in Folders?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points