Skip navigation
Jomee17
Currently Being Moderated

Button missing? Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips

Jul 7, 2013 11:19 PM

Tags: #nested_sequence #sequence_editing

Hi,

I want to use the "Insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" button. It's exactly what I've been looking for as I want to edit clips from one sequence into another whilst maintaining it as an individual clip in the new sequence (ie, not nesting).

However, I cannot see this button in the top right of my timeline. I've tried updating Adobe Premiere through creative cloud but to no avail...it's still not there.

Anyone know what could be wrong or where I can find it?

Thanks in advance. Jomee17

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2013 11:29 PM   in reply to Jomee17

The button is in the upper left corner of the Timeline panel, not upper right. If it's not there, please doublecheck which version of Premiere Pro you're running.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to Jomee17

That feature is new to CC. You mention in your first post that you "tried updating through Creative Cloud." If you subscribe to the Cloud, you can download the new version. Note that it is not merely an update to CS6 but rather a new version with many new features.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 7:52 PM   in reply to Jomee17

I see this button on the interface -- what in the world does it do? What does it toggle? I can't even figure out how or where to search for basic interface help on this site or text manuals.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 11:25 PM   in reply to Robert Withers

Its function is limited to inserting one sequence into another. When set to Nest (icon shows single horizontal bar) the sequence is added as single nested track item; when it's set to Individual Clips (3 bars), the sequence is "exploded" so you can see each constituent clip.

Here's help page, which includes a tutorial video: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/edit-sequences-loaded-source -monitor.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points