I originally purchased LR4 from the Mac App store and run that software on two laptops. I need to upgrade both laptops. I need to know how the upgrade works. The only information I can find is from this URL http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/upgrade-mac-app-version-lightroom. html.
When apps are purchased from the Mac App Store, you can legally run that app on any computers you own. I have the following questions about the upgrade.
I am considering removing LR 5 and moving back to LR 4. I know I will have to import any photos since I started the trial into LR 4 and start over with those.
I have 5 days left on the LR 5 trial so I need to make a decision soon. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- Will I be able to purchase one upgrade to apply it to both laptops?
- Will I be able to upgrade both laptops by purchasing two upgrades?
- only one upgrade is needed
- Will the Lightroom 5 upgrade be available from the Mac App Store?
- i don't know that
- Can I export photos from LR 5 to import into LR 4?
- yes, if you mean migrating your lr4 catalog to lr5: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/2013/06/12/confused-upgrade-catalog-ligh troom-5/
install lr 5 on the 2nd laptop. during installation you will be prompted for the serial number of your lr 4 (assuming lr4 is NOT installed on that 2nd laptop), as well as, the serial number of lr 5.
if lr4 is already installed on your 2nd laptop, it will be detected during the lr5 installation and you will not be prompted for the lr4 serial, only the lr5 serial.