Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

pin scripts deprecated in CC?????  how convenient

Jul 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Tags: #scripts #pin #cc #deprecated

I know most of you use a decent IDE but come on!  Why would they take that out?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to chudasdfsdfas

Hi,

Yes, pin scripts is depricated in Flash CC. However if it is important to you then please raise it through wish forms https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform which will help us track/prioritize this feature for our future release.

Thanks!

Mohan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 4:33 AM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

AAAAARGHHHH! OK, so this is enough for me to go back to CS6 for a while. I do my code within flash which is the most convenient for me. This change makes that almost impossible. Finding and clicking the same keyframe EVERY time I need to change the code? Annoying!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 1:41 AM   in reply to matsarne

framescript navigator provides you a quick way to see all the framescript for the document. you can you it to quickly navigate to a perticular framescript.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to manojtharwani

Thanks for the tip! Framescript navigator sound good. But where do I find it? I can't find anything called that, not even on Google.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 3:41 AM   in reply to matsarne

navigate.jpg

Area you see in red rectangle is navigator. If it is collapsed, you can drag open it from left edge.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 4:03 AM   in reply to manojtharwani

Ah, that one. True, that kind of works. Not perfect, but good enough. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 2:19 AM   in reply to manojtharwani

There should be a keyboard shortcut or a option for this in the window tab, took me 30minutes to find it.

SOLUTION

Keep pulling/dragging the left side of the actionscript window.

SOLUTION

It's nothing compared to pinning the script, clicking trough the scripts your main window will jump with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to chudasdfsdfas

What the fudge!  How could they remove this... I filled out the request...BFD... it will not bring back pins and I need it now not sometime...maybe.

I remember they were once promising to make the push pins sticky and remembered when re-opening files.  I think that was version 5... how is that coming Adobe? No?  well maybe just drop it.. that will help.

Well now I'm off to get Flash 6 to work... that awesome new CC control panel says it's installed and up to date even...but no.. it is not.  Just another steaming pile of Adobe goodness to enjoy trying to clean-up.

/rant

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to manojtharwani

Guys, Flash itself is dying now a days and adobe couldnt do any thing about it but move out of mobile division!!

What else can you expect??

We are fools still believing in them and raising requests!!

Its sad but true

After working more than 10 yrs in Flash programming and designing I have to admit it

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 12:01 AM   in reply to vinodkumargb

There's a lot of different ways to use Flash, for the web it's slowly dying, for narrowcasting or kiosk applications it's very much alive.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to chudasdfsdfas

I am with you on this one!!

These people (Adobe) are not even leaving the intact things and things that we as users love!!

They just enjoy screwing up every thing along with them selves!!!

Awesome!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 1:19 PM   in reply to chudasdfsdfas

Common people, Adobe have been hard at work again, continuing to synergize the step change of workflow technique and tooling.

I suppose now I'll have to ask my talented graphic artists to think like programmers to externalize everything before they hand over files.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 9:26 AM   in reply to Codefinger

Codefinger: or you could learn to write your own code so it sits comfortably on top of a designer's work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 12:06 PM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

... if only the world worked the way we wanted it to, all the time, eh?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)