Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to detect plug-ins path for Photoshop CC?

Jul 8, 2013 11:00 AM

Hi

I downloaded new CC SDK but unfortunatelly in html doc there is not info how to detect a plug-in path for new Photoshop CC. Pdf doc also contains very old info (still for Photoshop 5.0)

- Could you advice how my installers can detect new Photoshop CC and detect a target place for plug-in installation? Forboth  win and Mac cases.

- Is CC a pure 64bit windows app or it also can be presented into both C:\Program files and C:\Program files(x86) folders?

Thanks

Maxim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to Maxim3

Hi Maxim

I'm not sure if that will work for every machine but for you can try to find

Photoshop by accessing the windows registry

for Photoshop 32 bit

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{06870682-6f3c-4b97-9143-f03e85c0 bd3e}\LocalServer32]

for Photoshop 64 bit

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{06870682-6f3c-4b97-9143-f03e85c0bd3e}\LocalS erver32]

I older versions than CC, user was able to choose if he want to install 32 bit or 64 bit or both version.

Installer for CC won't let you do that as far as i know.

Regards

Bartek

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Bartek Kropaczewski

PC: On x64 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\<version>\ApplicationPath and PluginPath usually points you to the right direction (ditto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Photoshop for i86).

On Mac the install location is preset so its pretty straightforward.

On PC PS CC is both x64 and i86, so its present in both folders by default. On Mac PS is x64 only.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to Ilya Varaev

Hi Ilya

What you mean by saying preset? I always installing all adobe products in different different directory that /Applications.

Regards

Bartek

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to Maxim3

Yes, its HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\70.0\PluginPath for CC (please note it's 70, not 80).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to Bartek Kropaczewski

Hi Bartek,

Yeah, you are right, I'm a bit rusty on our Mac installers. Indeed, the user may specify a custom location there as well. Our solution for this is a "custom Photoshop install" option - if the user knows how to install their Photoshop into a custom location, they will also know how to navigate to it from our installer ... nobody has ever complained about it in the last decade. This being said, I'm also curious if there is a way to detect it automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Maxim3

Maxim,

Yes, the "32bit windows version" still very much exists and CC seems to support Win7 and Win8 in both modes (see http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/creativecloud/tech-specs.html for more details). Note however that WinXP support has been discontinued

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to Maxim3

NP. It is "/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC" just as you've assumed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points