Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
popto
Currently Being Moderated

Keep getting an error message when opening a project.

Jul 8, 2013 4:27 PM

When I try to open a project, a box pops up sayin the project appears to be damaged and cannot be opened. WHat can I do to open my project? Why am I getting this mesage?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to popto

First, I would immediately go to the AutoSave folder for that Project, and find the latest AutoSave PREL, and attempt to Open that. Note: AutoSaves are FIFO, so check the Date/Time of those PREL files (probably 5 in the folder).

Does that AutoSave Open for you?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to popto

popto

Apparently you started this question here in another thread around June 29, 2013 and never followed up on direct questions that would have helped us help you at this time.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1244744

I would encourage Hunt to close this thread (I do not have the authority to do that), and have you continue in the thread that you started already. Steve Grisetti, Hunt, and I had all posted in that thread and were waiting for the requested information, Steve Grisetti first or all of the requested information at one time.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...A good look at the original thread seems to indicate that both Steve Grisetti and Hunt suggested the AutoSave try at that time. Did you ever do that? Apparently Hunt is requesting the same AutoSave look again in this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Good catch. As we see similar posts a few times per year, I did not recall the OP from a week ago.

@ Popto,

I would refer back to your original post, kindly linked by ATR. Questions, and suggestions have been offered there, but we received no feedback. Let's use that original post, and I will Lock this one. Having two exact thread going, will only confuse everyone. Please review that thread, and let us know if anything helped.

[Post Locked]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points