Skip navigation
rosa.hughes
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CC Sync Settings failed

Jul 8, 2013 5:16 PM

Tags: #settings #creative #sync #cloud

When I try and sync my application settings, I always get an error message saying 'sync settings failed - can't connect to creative cloud'. However, I am signed in to the creative cloud application manager (sitting in my task bar, saying I am signed in) and there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. Why can't my photoshop sync my settings?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 6:05 PM   in reply to rosa.hughes

Hi,

Can you try going to https://creative.adobe.com/ and signing in with your browser? If you can sign in to your account there, try quitting Ps and relaunching.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to rosa.hughes

Hi,

The team license itself shouldn't be problematic, but if the application was installed and registered with an account different than yours (and then changed over to your AdobeID account) that might be causing an issue.

Can you try quiting Ps, then browsing to the settings directory. Move the complete directory to your desktop, then relaunch Ps?

OSX: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC Settings

Win: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC/Adobe Photoshop CC Settings

If that doesn't help let me know. I'll send you a private message and see if we can set up a Connect session.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to rosa.hughes

Exactly the same issue as Rosa Hughes . . . cannot sync preferences with Photoshop CC . . . thanks for any assistance.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 7:34 AM   in reply to rosa.hughes

I'm having the same issue. I can't sync my settings. I get this message:

Sync Settings failed

Can't connect to Creative Cloud.

But I'm signed into CC both via the CC app and on the website. I've also tried moving the settings directory to my desktop and relaunching Ps as Steve recommended but that didn't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2014 9:49 AM   in reply to kevenlupien

Having the exact same issue, for months now (originally, I had (almost) no problem syncing settings.)

I'm on a 2010-2011 27" iMac running OS X Mavericks, never had a single software/network issue with this machine since the day I bought it.  I typically run 2 to 4 Adobe apps simultaneously, in addition to Chrome, Spotify, Mail, and a couple of other apps/utilities sporadically with no performance delays (aside from memory cache needing to be cleared occasionally).

I'm connected to Creative Cloud via the app and signed-in via browser.  In the CC app I can see that all my apps are up to date, I can access my files, I can see the synced fonts, etc (however I cannot connect to Behance).

Error messages I encounter:

Photoshop CC: Sync settings failed. Cannot connect to Creative Cloud.

Dreamweaver CC: Sync settings failed. Last Sync: 1/24/14 10:20 AM (not sure how that even connected or why during that time on that day.)

Illustrator CC: Cannot even click the Sync button, it's greyed out.  If I click the Share on Behance button I get a pop-up that says, "Sorry, there was an error with your request. Please close this window and try again. Still Having Trouble? Contact Behance Help and reference error: Error fetching access token." If I go to that Behance Help page, there is no help on this topic, nor is there a search or anything to input this "Error fetching access token" reference error.

Indesign CC: Does not allow me to click the Sync button, I get a "bad-circle" like Ø icon.

TypeKit: Not an error message, but this feature is so unbelievably unreliable and inconsistent I dare even call it a "feature."  Newly added fonts don't show up for days.  Always need to restart Apps before they will show up.  Sometimes fonts will just disappear.  I love the IDEA of this but I'm so disappointed in the execution...are we PAYING to be beta testers?!

Not being able to sync my settings in the CC isn't the end of the world, but I still want to be able to do it, and I spend what? $50 a month on this, and this is like a CORE feature of the product.

I would sincerely appreciate any help at all fixing this CC syncing issue, I have no idea what to do next.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2014 6:03 PM   in reply to jonesology

Hi,

I have just now noticed a similar problem with the Sync Settings feature, but it doesn't quite match with your setup. Can you tell me which version of the Creative Cloud desktop app you have? If you don't know where to find it let me know.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2014 6:51 AM   in reply to SG...

Version 1.3.0.322

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2014 3:31 PM   in reply to jonesology

Hi Jonesology,

This is Ben from Typekit Support. RE:

"TypeKit: Not an error message, but this feature is so unbelievably unreliable and inconsistent I dare even call it a "feature."  Newly added fonts don't show up for days.  Always need to restart Apps before they will show up.  Sometimes fonts will just disappear.  I love the IDEA of this but I'm so disappointed in the execution...are we PAYING to be beta testers?!

Would you be able to send us an email at: support@typekit.com? We would be happy to look into this and see what's going on here.

Cheers,

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 4:44 AM   in reply to SG...

Hi Steve,

I am not able to sync my PS CC settings on my two machines. I was finally able to get the two machines to sync to the cloud but I am not seeing my settings from one machine show up on the other and vise-versa. I have the option checked to ASK ME if there is a sync issue. Any help you can give would be awesome!

Thank,

-Scott

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 10:14 AM   in reply to rosa.hughes

I was having a similar problem and called tech support. When on the edit menu, there was an option for sync settings. The tech I worked with told me to login to the CC Desktop (windows) and restart PSCC. When I did the option changed to my adobeID and it looks like I was good to go. Not sure if this helps anyone else, but it searched around for a couple hours last night looking for that solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 10:14 AM   in reply to Mark_Oehler

Also this wasn't just on PS. I was having similar problems with Illustrator and it fixed it and the Kuler app there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 11:55 AM   in reply to cbears34

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delayed response. What settings are you hoping to synchronize? I ask because Ps doesn't synchronize some things that you may be expecting (eg. workspace layouts). Where are you invoking the command from and do you get any feedback that a sync has initiated and finished? What version of Ps do you have (14.0, 14.1.1, 14.2.1), and what OS are you running?

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 5:11 AM   in reply to Mark_Oehler

Okay, so, while I thought I had gotten all setup, still had problems syncing. I seem to be all working now. As was stated earlier the previous versions may be wrecking some havoc. Instead of doing complete uninstalls, I moved the previous versions' folders from the {user}\appData\Adobe\ directory. I had ones for PS CS4, CS5, CS5.1, CS6, and Illustrator CS6.

Again, I hope this helps someone else.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2014 9:10 AM   in reply to rosa.hughes

I had to go to Photoshop's Help Menu, then click on "Sign In". Once the sign in dialog poped up and I signed in, I had to go back to the Help menu, then choose "Complete/Update Adobe Id Profile..." option. This opened a sign-in page on adobe.com, and after signing in and agreeing to new terms of service, I went back to Photoshop and successfully synced my settings.

Even though I was signed into the creative cloud Windows app in my system tray, it still had to sign-in in Photoshop. And this still didn't work until I updated my adobe id profile. I don't know why the sync error didn't specify that I wasn't logged in or that I had to take other actions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points