Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Save As Image fails with PDF files

Jul 8, 2013 5:11 PM

Tags: #acrobat_x_pro

Using Acrobat X Pro, version 10.1.7. After the most recent update, I can no longer crop a PDF file and save it in any image format. The options are there, but when I select File > Save As > Image > PNG (or JPG or any other image format) and enter the filename/location, no new file is created.

This is about to become an emergency, since a big annual production project uses images from PDF files as illustrations in other documents.

Any ideas?

Elisa

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 12:48 AM   in reply to ElisaFnord

I don't have a fix, but if you have Photoshop it offers an alternative and probably better way to do it. Just open PDFs and save as.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 4:31 AM   in reply to ElisaFnord

I have been troubled by this kind of problems since I have updated my Acrobat.When I convert some PDF files to image or word or other format,I can't find any new files at all.Then I found that there is some file damage during the update.Finally I reinstall the software,then it works again.Maybe you are in the same case.[product link removed by moderator]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to ElisaFnord

I have had the same issue but with Acrobat 7 standard.  No error message is displayed however no file appears when trying to save a pdf as JPG  or other imgae formats.  Repairing and re-installing has not helped.  Did you make any progress with this issue?

Strangely if a different user logs onto the same machine they can do this with no problems.  I have tried to find something in the users profile which could be causing this but with no sucess.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points