1. My computer has corrupt partitions. I have to erase and reinstall everything. How do I reinstall Photoshop Elements?
2. How do I back up and save and be able to open up current Photoshop Elements photos in the newly reinstalled Photoshop Elements?
3. Revel offered way to archive but computer would not accept Media downloader from Revel to back up photos bec. computer did not recognize developer? How do I archive these photos I currently have in photoshop elements?
4. How and where do you save photos in photoshop elements? And how do I retrieve them?
5.If I purchase Elements 11 will this eliminat all of these issues I mentioned here?
6. What's the difference at Revel to "migrate" my photos from photoshop elements to Revel and/or Archive by downloading them which I can do since the developer is not recognizable on my computer?
7. Do you know if the external g: drive (time machine) backs up photohop elements photos? What will and how?
To re-install PSE on a new machine or on a new disk after the disk has been formatted - wiped clean - you first need to de-activate it by going to:
Help >> Deactivate
You do this before you wipe the disk clean or before you toss away the disk and install a new one. This is to preserve your license and rights to install on two different machines if you wish to do so.
2) You must backup not only your photos but also your other documents, emails, videos, music files etc. Anything that you don't want to lose should be backed up in a flash drive (16GB flash drive or even 32 GB flash drive). You might need couple or an external hard disk that can be mounted on a USB port.
You also need to back up your PSE catalog so that this can be retrieved on your new machine or on your new disk.
For points 1 and 2, it is a good idea to make a list of things to do in advance including making sure you have all the CDs/DVDs and serial numbers ready to install applications on a new system. Planning in advance will avoid headaches later when you are working hard to prepare the new system.
For other points about Revel, you will need to post them at this link: