Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Chapter Markers from Premiere Pro

Jul 8, 2013 8:14 PM

If I put chapter markers in a Pr sequence then use the Dynamic Link to bring the sequence to Encore where I could link to the chapter markers.

Is it possible to Export -> Media and create a MPEG2-Blu-ray or MPEG2-DVD and import those files into Encore and have those Pr chapter markers available in Encore?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 8:20 PM   in reply to Francis Breen

Yes, in Encore use "Import > As Timeline" to bring in both the video and audio and the markers will follow

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to Francis Breen

I Imported the video files as a timeline and I got an error - in order to Import as a time line I had to rename the audio and video files and I will not get the markers.

What error did you get? How did you rename? Yes, you must use the filenames  you exported from PR, since that is what identifies the sidecar files that carry the chapter info.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to Francis Breen

Have not seen that error before, and the history I see does not point to fixes.

I would sort out what the problem might be in the exported file.

If not, then no, you will not get chapter markers. You will need to place them manually in Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

So the "bad" mpeg sidecar files are from PR CC?

Can you create a short (2 minutes) sample file with 3 or 4 encore markers, and test it for this error? If you can confirm the error, then upload so I can take a look at the files.

Do you still have PR CS6 installed at present? If so, can you also export the same short file from PR CS6?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points