Skip navigation
GarnetSr
Currently Being Moderated

Printing multiple per page?

Jul 8, 2013 8:26 PM

Tags: #indesign #printing #print

Hello,

I have a small design-- a little advertisement for a sale that my Uni club has going on soon. I wanted to print it nine per page, but I can't figure out how to do this for the life of me. I've tried to print directly from InDesign, including with the Thumbnails option selected under print setup. I've tried exporting it to a PDF, HTML, and image as well, and the result is an image scaled to take up 1/9th of the page, but with no duplicates therein-- the rest of the page is blank. I've tried looking around, but can't seem to find a solution. Can you lend me any help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to GarnetSr

Place the PDF into a new document the size you need for 9-up and make 8 copies and place them.

Mikw

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 12:49 AM   in reply to GarnetSr

If you make a new document and go to File>Place, you can navigate to a saved InDesign file and place it as a single image the same way you would place a tiff, jpeg, pdf, psd, etc. If you edit and save the original InDesign document that you had placed in the second document, the links manager of the second document will show the link as modified, which you can update the way you would update a modified graphic of any other sort.

If you duplicate the placed image nine times and space them correctly, you get the nine-up document you can print. Just take into consideration whether you need marks of any sort, which can be made manually, or you can select the image or images and go to Window>Utilities>Scripts and run the CropMarks.jsx. If you mess with it a little, it will make sense.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points