• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the function of the number "72652" in-> form name="catemaillistform72652"

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me what the function of the above referenced number is in the newsletter signup form.

Does it matter what the number is as long as it is the same everywhere it appears in the form? I can see two places it appears in the form (name and onsubmit). It also appears in the function script.

I have four different pages with a newsletter signup form on them and was just wondering if they could all be exactly the same?

Thanks for your reply.

Brian

TOPICS
Email marketing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see that in the action. It is the list ID your signing up to. You cant have ID's or name's that are the same on a single page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I am not asking about the ListID which appears here:

{form action="/CampaignProcess.aspx?ListID=20818"}.

Where "ListID=20818" is the list that subscribers are added to.

Here is the entire form action in which I am asking about the number "95912" (bold added below for clarity):

<form action="/CampaignProcess.aspx?ListID=20818" method="post" onsubmit="return checkWholeForm95912(this)" name="catemaillistform95912">

The number appears again in the function code here:

<script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[

function checkWholeForm95912(theForm) . . .rest of script here >

I am asking about the "onsubmit" and "name" statements in the above form action.

How are these numbers generated and what are they used for?

Can you have the same numbers in identical forms on different web pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Random generated form validation number so it does not conflict with other forms when you have mutliple. Like I said, have things with same id/name and then have those called and have more then one on a page you will have script errors and conflicts.

Same as why any custom fields you make have unique ID's to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines