Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't select DVD for anything in Encore

Jul 9, 2013 4:53 PM

Tags: #problem #error #video #export #can't #encore #dvd #build #transcoding #transcode #burn #encore_cs5 #build_dvd #can't_burn_dvd

I'm trying to burn a DVD in Encore CS5. I already made the menus. chapters, etc. All I need to do now is burn it. I used Dynamic Link to link the Premiiere Pro CS5.5 Project to Encore CS5. The project is a 1080i project, but I've burned standard def DVDs from 1080i projects multiple times before.

I just transcoded the project to a format that ended up being too big and when I selected Transcode Settings I no longer had an option to select DVD anymore, Is this a one-shot deal? I clicked "Revert to Original" but that didn't change anything. I just can't click that anymore either now. All I want to do is burn a DVD with a menu. Please Help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 5:43 PM   in reply to Eric T Arroyo

Post a screenshot. You should be able to revert and re-transcode. Make sure you are selecting the ASSET (the PR sequence) and not the TIMELINE. Transcode settings and revert apply to the asset, not the timeline.

I don't think it is relevant to your immediate issue, but PR CS5.5 should only dynamic link to Encore 5.1 (the 5.5 version of encore). Not to Encore 5.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 5:19 AM   in reply to Eric T Arroyo

Glad you found a way to get the revised project completed.

And for the confirmation that you were dynamically linking PR CS5.5 with EN CS5.1.

If you have a project set to Bluray (in the project settings; not the build panel), and revert, it reverts the bluray transcode, but not the DVD. Is the project set to bluray by any chance? I see the transcode choice greyed out for DVD if it is still transcoded after the Bluray reverts.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to Eric T Arroyo

Let us know. Since you've had success with this workflow before, and you just need to revise bitrate, I'm optimistic this will do the trick!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 4:37 AM   in reply to Eric T Arroyo

You're welcome!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers