Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Unable to execute script at line 0. photoshop is unidentified"

Jul 10, 2013 8:00 AM

This is an old issue but I didn't see a solution. Does anyone know the fix for this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to tvenice1234

Someone raised a similar version recently. I did not see any solutions.

What version(s)/suites do you have installed?

And I assume a PSD in Windows explorer opens in Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to tvenice1234

And When are you getting the error? Trying to edit a menu  in Photoshop, importing, building, etc.

Odd that it has changed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to tvenice1234

I assume the problem is that Encore CS6 expects Photoshop CS6. I assume you do not have it installed. Even if you did, it may not work as expected. If this is a PR CC/EN CS6 problem, it is just as serious, and many of us would say more serious, than the loss of dynamic link. You should contact Adobe tech support to see if they can help you sort out how to get EN CS6 using "edit in photoshop" to PS CC correctly.

Without that, be careful editing the Encore source folder file directly. Encore/Photoshop creates a temp version that it uses till PS hands it back off to Encore. And you will sometimes see 3 or 4 versions of the menu even when Encore is handling it all by itself. Editing it directly with Encore open is asking for trouble. And editing it with Encore closed may be worse!

I would work with a copy of the file from the Encore source folder, save it outside that directory, then "import as menu" that file. (Encore will put a new, current version into its directory.) I would try to get every bit of the menu structure/highlilghts, etc, set. Then I would make any other changes to the menu in Encore. I would not do any significant links/navigation until the menu is set.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to tvenice1234

Good to know that works!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2014 5:49 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I am using CS6 in both Encore and Photoshop.  Certain Encore projects do allow me to right click to edit in photoshop, but my more recent projects (using the same software) do not.  Suggestions?  Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points