Skip navigation
annh1946
Currently Being Moderated

Save to a specific folder

Jul 10, 2013 7:33 AM

Tags: #illustrator

I am new to both iMac and Illustrator, and cannot find a way to save .ai files to a specific sub-folder.

The options available in the Save As dialog box are Devices, Favourites and Recent places. If the folder I want doesn't show in these categories I end up saving to the desktop and moving the file in Finder. Can anyone help me to save lots of time, and my sanity, please.

Ann

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to annh1946

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to annh1946

i'm not overly familiar with the save dialogs in OSX Lion+, but at a guess, under 'devices' you might find your imac, and under your imac, its hard disk, and under that, its folder structure?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to annh1946

Default folder is the way to go as you can set the default folder.

But you can also simply expand the save as dialog to show the navigation filed which will give you access to your files you can even drathe folder you want to target to the favorites in the left sidebar.

Iuse default folder and the Apple dialog.

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 11.03.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 11.02.01 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to annh1946

You can drag a folder icon from practically anywhere into the list view of the save dialog box and Mac OS picks up that location. You don't even need a plugin for that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 9:39 PM   in reply to Monika Gause

Monika Gause wrote:

You can drag a folder icon from practically anywhere into the list view of the save dialog box and Mac OS picks up that location. You don't even need a plugin for that.

That is very true though the plug in if you investigate into it can also be helpful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points