Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge now freezes

Jul 10, 2013 8:45 AM

I have been using CS-5 extended for several years without any issues.  Bridge now freezes completely when any directory or folder change is attempted (small activity icon turning  on the bottom left of screen).   No mouse action will activate any part of the software.  The software works perfectly as long as a directory change is not attempted.

My only recourse is to use Task Manager to end the entire program once the software freezes.  I don't want to completely uninstall PS.  Is there a solution to this problem?  Mini-bridge (from inside PS) does not work either as it's trying to access Bridge.

Please respond asap with a solution.  CS5 continues to work flawlessly, and I don't know the cause of this bridge problem.  I have a complete virus suite and have not detected any problems on the PC.

Thanks,

Peter Dawson

New Hampshire (603)-433-1357

Poko@comcast.net

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to Peter1269

Reset the preferences. Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to Peter1269

Actually keep this in mind.  If you uninstalled and reinstalled the errors would still be there as this file is not changed in process.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 6:42 PM   in reply to Peter1269

No the preference file will remain the same even with a new reinstall.  If you format your HD then the file will be erased.

Have responded to may users that have uninstalled and reinstalled and problem remains.  Resetting preferences solved the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points