Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting a color correction to premiere as an adjustment layer or LUT

Jul 10, 2013 4:25 PM

Is there a way to create an adjustment layer with color corrections in place to Premiere?

I'll go into more detail. I shot a two camera interview. I just finished cutting the interview using Multicam editor in Premiere CC. Now that it's done there's specific color corrections I want to camera 1 and I want to apply it in Premiere. Camera 2 has a slightly different look with a few modifications. It has its own adjustment layer as well. So how can I easily send those adjustments to each camera separately once it's already been cut? Let me know if my quesiton is confusing

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2013 3:43 PM   in reply to EDeetor1

Probably the easiest way to do that in CC would be to grade representative shots of your camera angles in SpeedGrade, save looks and apply them in PrPro via Lumetri effect.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to EDeetor1

You can replace you Camera 1 clip from the master sequence with an After Effects composition (right click and choose this option). From After Effects you can copy the effects you already did to the Camera 2 and paste them into Camera 1 in the project created by Premiere Pro. Once done, just save the project in After Effects and return to Premiere Pro. Your master sequence and the Multicam with the edits should get updated immediately.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:37 AM   in reply to EDeetor1

Which Plug-ins did you use to do the color correction? some are supported between apps and settings can be swapped between them. this would avoid having to use dynamic link if you prefer not to use it? For example, Sapphire plug-ins can transprt settings via the preset browser and magic Bullet presets can also be saved and used between apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to EDeetor1

I found a way that might be helpful to you as I had a similar problem. Once I have my MultiCam Sequence source, I selected all the clips from a particular track and right clicked "Nest..." to create a nested clip sequence. Once I did, it creates a new sequence leaving everything exactly where it was in the MultiCam sequence, but the new nested sequence allows me to go into it and create and adjustment later that will apply ONLY for that track in the MultCam sequence. So I can do a seperate color correction for each track. Hope this gives you some options.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points