Skip navigation
rsayen06
Currently Being Moderated

Why are my pictures getting distorted after rendering my slideshow?

Jul 10, 2013 7:20 PM

I have Window 7 and use Adobe Premier Elements 11.

I have created my slide show with pictures music and video with sound. Added my transitions and my theme. It looks fine when I play it back on the main page but when I previewed it on full screen the pictures were distorted. I tried deleting them and reinserting. I even tried the render option and burned the cd to see if maybe it would fix. but some picture come out grainy or distorted and others are not. What am I doing wrong or is there a step I am missing.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2013 5:39 AM   in reply to rsayen06

When you started your project, which project settings did you select? You can see but can not change your project settings under the Edit menu. What settings are listed?

Have you ensured that all of your photos are no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size, per my books and our recommendations on this forum?

Also, you say you've burned your slideshow to a CD? What program did you use to do this and what output specs did you use? CDs have very limited space, and a slideshow would possibly have to suffer a major reduction in quality to fit on a little 700 meg disc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 7:02 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

I am having the same problem as rsayen06.  I created a video using still pictures and music.  The pictures look fine until I start to play the video (preview).  I also burned it to a DVD in hopes it would be clear but the pictures are still distored. Here are my project settings. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

project settings.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 7:58 PM   in reply to FrauSherrie

FrauSherrie

SG asked rsayen06 several important questions to get at the core of that user's Premiere Elements issues. So far I do not see any answers to the questions. An the answers will be in those details. Although you have offered your project settings and saying that you have the same problem, they are but a small part of the troubleshooting equation.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. You say you are putting pictures and music on the Timeline? How many pictures and what are their pixel dimensions? What type of music, what compression and file extension? What is the total duration of the Timeline content?

3. When you playback the Timeline content in the Edit Mode Monitor are you looking at the rendered or unrender Timeline?

4. When you say that you see distortion in the pictures...how are they distorted...

a. from the point of view of pixel aspect ratio, flicker, lines, other?

b. What do your computer resources look like in the way of installed and available RAM and free hard drive space? Are you getting any error messages associated with any of the project difficulties that you are encountering?

c. When you get to the burn dialog, what does the Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Noted that FrauSherrie has just posted a new thread on the issues cited. Please see the new FrauSherrie thread at:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1252961?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points