Skip navigation
xrayspex154
Currently Being Moderated

Making Changes

Jul 10, 2013 11:44 PM

Whenever I import a file.  I drag it to composition and it appears, but I can’t make changes even when I double click on it.  How do you import a file to make changes?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 14, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to xrayspex154

What kinds of changes are you trying to make?

It seems that you are very new to After Effects. I recommend that you work your way through the getting-started materials here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/01/getting-started-with-after -eff.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 1:53 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I couldn't paint or clone at first, but I was able to use the paint brush and clone tool by getting a new composition and then double clicking on it, but when rendering the AVI file back to AVI the changes flicker and the file looks very different, unnatural.  Therefore, it is awful.  Plus, I have movement so changes have to be made every frame to remove equipment so the program is useless, but thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to Jazzbutcher

What you are trying to do takes a lot of practice and experience. "The program is useless" only to someone unwilling to take the time to master it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 8:26 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Here is a clip: www.specializedvideos.com/grant/chelseafix2.avi  Download it and remove the equipment pole as I did and render the fixed file achieving the exact same quality as the original AVI file, as I couldn’t, and show me Adobe After Effects is useful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 8:38 PM   in reply to Jazzbutcher

Did you ever see a feature film with special effects? You've probably seen After Effects in action.

Read this article: http://www.adobe.com/motion/aviator.html

That's just one of many. I'm not going to do your work for you. Besides, your link is no good. I've been producing effects including removing unwanted items from a shot and replacing backgrounds with AE for 20 years. You can't learn AE in 5 minutes. You've got to practice.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 11:24 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

[post removed]

Message was edited by: Pat Willener

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status