Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

So Who's Had This Problem With The Keyboard?

Jul 10, 2013 11:29 PM

I have windows 8 pro.  I had CS6 extended.  Worked fine.  Downloaded Photoshop CC and have Lightroom 5.  I use a wacom tablet.  The problem is that when I use the mouse or pen to change a tool, for example, it takes about a second and a half for photoshop to switch tools.  Call that time period "X".  It used to be instantaneous.  Also when you hit a command like "fill" it also takes "X" time.....that second and a half....instead of being instantaneous like it used to be with CS6, for the pop-up box to come up.  It gets worse...... if you use the keyboard to switch tools, for example, the new tool switches instantaneously, like it's supposed to  BUT  it switches BACK to the previous tool in "X" time....about a second and a half.  I can't use the keyboard to change tools and many other things.  What the heck is going on.

So, I loaded up a system image from a couple of weeks before and reloaded CC.  Took a while to get everything set up again.  Same thing happened.  Tried an earlier version system image from a couple of weeks before that and downloaded Lightroom 5 and CC again.  Same thing happened.  Wiped the disk and then reloaded Windows 8....what a joy....Reloaded all my apps including CS6 and Lightroom 5 and CC.  That took a while.  Like a day and a half.  Same thing happened.  What the heck is going on?  Dumped the hard drive and reloaded a two month old system image with Windows 7, lightroom 5 beta, CS6, and all the other plug-ins I use.  Got rid of all the crap on the drive, brought it current with all apps and drivers and loaded up Lightroom 5 and CC.  Worked fine.  Worked like it is supposed to work.  Fast, smooth, no glitches.  Saved a system image and then got rid of CS6 and just kept Lightroom 5, CC, and the various plug-ins.  Then reloaded up Windows 8.  Took hours again to set up.  SAME PROBLEM WITH CC AGAIN.  All drivers are up to date.  CC was working fine before I did the Windows 8 upgrade.

So, has anyone else run into this problem?  It's got to be some glitch with Windows 8 and CC.  I don't know what.  I tried reseting keyboard shortcuts to default and that did nothing.  I'd rather use Window's 8 because I like the features better.  I like the task bar on both screens.  Other things too.  It's a little faster.  BUT IT DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH FRICKIN PHOTOSHOP CC.  For me at least.  So, I'll save a system image of this Windows 8 set up tonight and reinstall my Windows 7 system image in the morning.

Any help would really be greatly appreciated.  I'm really kind of irritated with all the problems (this hasn't been the only one) that I've had with Creative Cloud.  Download problems, registry errors, etc., etc.  Never had problems with prior adobe products over the last 10 years.  This has just been a real pain in the ***.  Thanks a bunch Adobe.

Thanks in advance,\

Jim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2013 11:44 PM   in reply to jimsanderson

There was enough bugs in both photoshop cc and lightroom 5, that I have to temporaraly use CS6 and lightroom 4.4.

As far as I am concerned no feature is worth having if the underlying code is not rock solid. We need to rely on the software enough that it will not negitively affect how we work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 3:02 AM   in reply to jimsanderson

Same problem with tools switching itself (when using keyboard), only on OSX 10.8 CC v 14.0. Reloading system stops it... for a while.

I hope Adobe will fix it, keyboard shortcuts are like unconditional reflexes.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2013 10:44 AM   in reply to jimsanderson

I'm running CS6 on Windows 8.1 Preview and haven't experienced this problem. The machine is an Asus laptop with a Core i7, 8 gb and GE Force 4 gb video, if any of that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to jimsanderson

I'm experiencing the problem BUT it seems to be related to a Configurator 4 panel I've created (from scratch). Perhaps it is because I'm using the HTML Widget in the panel? Jim, what does your Configurator 4 panel use?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points