Skip navigation
Suzanne†
Currently Being Moderated

No longer able to print 5x7 on half page..and/ File shrink?

Jul 10, 2013 10:59 PM

Hi,

I'd like to print a 5x7 sized photo/file on letter-sized (8.5x11) photo paper to use only half of the sheet. 

I used to do this all the time in my old PSE2 program (I've only recently updated from 2 to PSE9).  From that older print dialog box, in the little preview pane I was able to move the photo up/down/side-to-side (wherever I wished) and in the final print-out it would be prescisely where I placed it , saving space on the paper for a second print.  Apparently this is no longer possible in the newer versions...?  In PSE9 my print keeps coming out half printed, no matter what I ticked (landscape/port) or how I placed it.

Question: Is this no longer possible to do in the newer versions?

I tried working around this by creating a new file in the PSE9 editor and moving the orig 5x7 file into that one--via select-all>edit>copy and then pasting the 5x7 into the newly created 8.5x11 file...however the 5x7 did not retain its dimensions when placed into the 8.5x11 space.  Maybe I could "resize" the layer? (if that possible?)

Question: What is causing the orig 5x7 to shrink to 4x5.6 when copied to the new file? 

Thanks much for any enlighting

~Suzanne

HP Pavilion dv7/ Notebook PC/ RAM-6.00 GB/ 174 GB free space

Windows 7/ PSE-9/camera-Sony Cybershot-HX1

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points