Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 updates not being shown with CC updater

Jul 11, 2013 5:38 AM

Tags: #application_manager #application_manager_update_error

I have updated to CC from the CS6 Cloud but kept the old CS6 aps around just in case I need to open and work with and save out older files, especially with InDesign. I just noticed that the CS6 application updater has two updates but when when I click the menu bar icon (OS X.8) it opens the CC menu bar panel but no updates are shown. I tried manually starting Adobe Application Manager but there is only the CC version still around (apparently it replaces teh CS6 Application Manager altogether). I have no way to even see what the two updates are so I can try to open the apps and look for update options through their menus. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to stuart mccoy

the adobe application manager (used to manage cs6 apps) has been replaced by the creative cloud desktop application (which manages both cs6 and cc apps).

hopefully, you only have the creative cloud application installed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 12:09 AM   in reply to stuart mccoy

I had the exact same problem.  Thanks for providing a workaround, Stuart.  I'm not sure why the old updater's notifications are showing up even though the updater itself is not there.  It's also rather strange that those updates didn't appear until the Creative Cloud app had been quit and restarted.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 5:33 AM   in reply to Thorf13

I think this is where this discussion is headed. kglad's link was helpful to a point because it got me to restart the CC AAM application which lead to the discovery that thai is a bug. Not a big deal but something Adobe definitely needs to look into.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points