Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio Meters "peak indicator" gets stuck after prolonged use of Premiere Pro CC.

Jul 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Tags: #peak #red #freeze #7.0.1 #stuck #7.0.0 #0db #premiere_pro_cc #audio_meter #audio_level

Does anyone else have this issue? After using Premiere for a while (maybe an hour or so straight) the audio meters peak indicator will not reset when you start/stop. What do I mean? If your audio level peaks or goes into the red, it stays there like it should letting you know that the levels had hit above +0db. This is normal. This is good. But usually when you stop the timeline and start again, that red peak indicator is reset and disappears. But for me, after prolonged use (which is say about an hour or so), the meters stop resetting and the red does not go away unless I click on the meter to make it disappear. It looks like this even after stopping/starting the timeline:

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 4.36.01 PM.png

***Meters work fine for the first 30mins - hour or so of editing. Hitting stop and then start again resets the meters as it should.

***Eventually the peak indicator (see screenshot above) gets stuck and won't go away. The meters continue to work fine, but the red does not go away.

Only way to then reset it is by clicking on the meter itself. Restarting Premiere Pro CC will put everything back to normal again and it should work fine again...for a while...before its starts to lock up again. This issue was present in 7.0.0 as well as the newly updated 7.0.1  I'm on a 2011 27" iMac with 16gb of RAM. (I've submitted a bug report, but curious if this happens to others.)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to DMH79

For me, I think not enough of my audio is peaking for the error to show up.  I'm loving this new Loudness Meter.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I would not conform any audio to Loudness Standards unless for Broadcast.

It is very limiting dynamically .

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:57 PM   in reply to shooternz

That's what I want for my projects, though.

(Besides, it does have a Cinema mode.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 7:51 PM   in reply to DMH79

First I've seen it reported.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:20 PM   in reply to DMH79

I'm wondering if it's just me.

Maybe it's just you who has that much clipping audio.  Most of us tend to avoid that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points