Skip navigation
mp6007
Currently Being Moderated

DVD Burn

Jul 11, 2013 3:41 PM

Tags: #dvd #dvd-r_copies #premiere_elements_11

In Premiere Elements 11, I completed a project and burnt one DVD. It took about one hour. How can I burn more Dvds (of the same project) without taking an hour each?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to mp6007

mp6007

a. Take the DVD-VIDEO on DVD  disc produced and make exact copies of it with the burn software that came with your burner.

or

b. Burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) and then burn only the VIDEO_TS of that Folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with 3rd party software such as ImgBurn and determine if the combined time for doing that is less than an hour.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

or

c. Create a disc image using the Phantom Burner and Premiere Elements and take the disc image to DVD disc with 3rd party software.

I first wrote about that in 2010 elsewhere and have worked with this since.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55009

See if you gain any time advantage.

Any questions about this, please ask me here as I do not visit elsewhere at this time.

I am assuming that your computer is optimized. In the burn dialog, what do you typically see for one of these projects regarding Space Required and Bitrate?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to mp6007

Welcome to the forum.

When multiple copies of a Project DVD-Video are needed, many users will Burn to Folder, then use a burning utility, like ImgBurn, to just make the copies for that VIDEO_TS folder.

The process that PrE goes through, when only one copy is specified, is mostly involving the Transcoding of the Timeline to MPEG-2 DVD, then a bit of Multiplexing, and finally the burning of the disc, itself - usually a small part of the total time.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Forgot to mention that when one sets up the Burn to Disc, in PrE, they can set the number of copies to create. Again, the majority of the time will be with the Transcode, etc., and then the burning will take much less time. When one chooses to do more copies, that Transcoding will NOT have to be redone - only the burning to disc. One will get a message to put new blank media into the multi-drive/burner, when each burn is complete.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

That is great alternative if it works. More often than not, it does not when you get above 2 or 3 copies. Very ify.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I use either the Burn to Folder route, or Burn Image (NOT available in PrE), and then use ImgBurn, as I can launch several versions of it, to burn to all of my multi-drive/burners, almost as nicely as having a reproduction tower.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:17 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Burn Image (disc image) is available in Premiere Elements BUT in conjunction with the Phantom Burner. After you install the Phantom Burner, is shows up in Premiere Elements and is recognized in the burner location of the burn dialog. The process works off a virtual burner and a virtual disc which can be DVD or Blu-ray disc. The disc image produced can be put on disc in at least Nero or ImgBurn. There are some wrinkles in the perfect plan on the Blu-ray side when you get to Premiere Elements 11, but that is another story for another time.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Ah, thank you for that info.

Personally, I use Burn to Folder, unless I need to send the VIDEO_TS out, and then "bundle" it into an ISO, treating things a bit like a ZIP, but with a difference.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to mp6007

mp6007

Thanks for the follow up. Sounding very good.

We will be watching for your progress. No matter if we are beginner, intermediate, or advanced users of Premiere Elements, it is a continuing learning process with these programs.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to mp6007

Meantime, have you checked out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series? It's a great way to get familiar with the program.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points