Skip navigation
tommyLlama.1
Currently Being Moderated

download of acrobat x does not work, how do i fix it??

Jul 11, 2013 9:00 PM

Tags: #acrobat #x #download #bad_parameter #operation_is_not_allowed #repaired_install #trouble_free

...ok here is the short story.  Nove 2011 i purchased Acrobat x, installed it om my computer.  I just purchased two additional computers.  I contacted customer service they directed me to license.adobe.com to down load procedures.  i downloaded and registered "sucessfully"  but after several attempts to create pdf from scanner (same printer i use from the other computer to create pdf docs) it does: 1...pop up window "Bad parameter."...2...I attempt to close Adobe Acrobat, pop up window says"This operation is not allowed, since scanning in progress."...3...i retry this a dozen times...go to un-install BUT instead a attempt "Repair" to down load twice...4...I attempt to close adobe acrobat several times with no sucess...5...i attempt normal shut down of computer (multiple times)...and i get warning tht adobe acrobat is still open ...i do forced shutdown...i am looking at un-installing program and starting all over.   This seem like it would/should be a trouble free opperation.  I spoke w/ customer rep, was directed to download program, did so and resistered....whats up with that...;(

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 12:11 AM   in reply to tommyLlama.1

Nobody can say anything without proper system information and info about your scanner/ printer.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to tommyLlama.1

Moving this discussion to the Scanning & OCR forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 2:00 PM   in reply to tommyLlama.1

Tommy I have just moved your discussion to the proper forum.  The users in this forum should be able to provide additional assistance.  You may also want to search the Scanning & OCR Acrobat sub-forum for other Users who may have faced similar difficulties.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 7:04 AM   in reply to tommyLlama.1

Tommy,

Are you able to scan on your new computer using any other software like Paint etc?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to tommyLlama.1

Some older scanners don't support presets. If this is the case, you can try this workaround as taken from this technical note Error: Bad Parameter | Acrobat.

In the Configure Presets dialog, choose the scanner attached to your computer from the Scanner pop-up menu.

•   From the File menu, choose Create > PDF from Scanner > Configure Presets.

•   In the Configure Presets dialog, click the pop-up menu to the right of the Scanner field and choose the scanner connected to your computer.

•   Click OK, and then choose Create > PDF From Scanner.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points