Skip navigation
Lanoline14
Currently Being Moderated

.wmv's getting cut in half horizontally inside Premiere Pro, AE, Media Encoder...

Jul 11, 2013 7:59 PM

Tags: #horizontal #after #effects #pro #nvidia #premiere #windows_7 #windows #in #render #intel #horizontally #cut #media #encoder #ti #codec #geforce #wmv #half #.wmv #660 #geforce_660_ti #.wmv_file #haswell

Hello everyone! I'm having an issue using .WMV's within Premiere Pro, AE, and the Media Encoder. Whenever I open the image in a sequence or the source window, the image is cut in half horizontally (see pic below). I brought in an MP4 and had no issues so at the moment I think I have narrowed down to strictly a .WMV problem. The file plays perfectly fine in realtime; audio sounds great, picture (of what I can see) looks good; I am just missing the top half of any WMV file hehe. I have tried the WMV inside AE as well but have the same issue. I also tried to export the WMV with Media Encoder but it exports the WMV cut in half no matter what format I tell it to conver the file to..

My Premiere Pro, AE, and Media Encoder are fully up to date; my Nvidia 660 Ti is up to date; I just installed latest Windows 7 codec package; Just installed newest Windows 7 x64 updates.

Also, this is a big one to note...This is the first time I have used Premiere Pro/AE/Media Encoder on this system. I just built this PC about 1 month ago and have had 0 problems with it across other programs (Photoshop, 3ds max, etc..) I just recently installed Premiere, AE, Media Encoder on it and am running into this problem upon my first bootup of Premiere/AE/Media Encoder.

My system specs are posted below the picture and file specs.

The pic below shows my setup and the issue I am having. The video of Finding Nemo on the left is the .MP4 (specs on file are below) and the video on the right is the .WMV in question (specs also below.)

WMV Files Cut in Half Horizontally.jpg

I have tried multiple WMV's of different bit rates, etc, and all of them do this "cut in half thing.." No issues with other file types though!

The .WMV's specs are.....

Type: Windows Media

File Size: 8.5 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00;00;14;00

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

The .MP4's specs are....

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 1.4 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 23.976

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 01:40:47:21

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Created with: Adobe After Effects CS6 (Windows)

My system specs are below.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUS

System Model: All Series

BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/19/13 17:27:15 Ver: 08.01

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM

Page File: 8393MB used, 57018MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

If I think of any more information which may help narrow this issue down, I will surely post it! Thank you for your help everyone.

-Mitch

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points