Skip navigation
herbwalsh
Currently Being Moderated

I have a question about what photoshop cs5 offers.

Jul 11, 2013 9:04 PM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #gifs #animated-gifs

I want to make gifs out of DVDs and youtube videos for tumblr out of a photoshop system. I would love to be able to make gifs with text, to alter color, etc. Does photoshop cs5 allow me to do all of these things? Please, would someone help me? I have been dying to get answers. Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

Photoshop can be used to create and animate text, color correct images and create animated gifs.

But how do you intend to get the youtube videos and DVD content into Photoshop? (And you might want to consider copyright issues.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:18 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

You may want to install the 30-day-trial before purchasing the software, though, to check if it really meets your needs.

And as CS5 cannot be purchased from Adobe anymore (CS6 can be, though) be cautious that the transfer of license is done properly when you buy from other sources.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:26 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

Sorry, I can’t make a meaningful judgement there, at the company I work for I do not need to concern myself with procurement.

In any case the trial could be downloaded at

http://prodesigntools.com/cs5-free-trial-downloads-now-available.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:28 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

In any case the »transfer of license« usually seems more of an issue when buying second-hand.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:29 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

I had never heard of them before.

That reseller is not even listed at http://www.resellerratings.com/

When I searched for it, I got this:

Softwarespeedy does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Softwarespeedy

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:33 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

herbwalsh wrote:

…I have thought about the copyright issues, but there are tons of people on tumblr making gifs of DVDs and youtube videos. I have never heard of anyone getting in to trouble for it so I believe it is alright…

A lot of people get away with stealing or with software piracy, or with a number of other crimes.  That doesn't make it right.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:53 AM   in reply to herbwalsh

When buying old, obsolete software, you'll always be at the mercy of the seller.

Adobe does not sell or support CS5 any longer.

Try amazon.com at your own risk. You won't be buying directly from them but from one of their "Amazon Merchants" who are not always trustworthy.

As for dealing with copyrights, unless you have written permission from the copyright holder (author or publisher), it is never "all right" to copy and manipulate someone else's work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to herbwalsh

I believe that Amazon (the actual Amazon, and not semi-affiliated merchents) WAS a certified Adobe reseller. However, with the CC (Creative Cloud), I am not sure about that any longer - others can verify their certification.

As CS 5 is discontinued software, I would NOT expect Adobe to be selling that version - anywhere.

Research ANY reseller, and very, very carefully.

Also, do gain the rights to manipulate and post ALL © material - that is not only smart, but also honest and ethical.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - you might also want to explore two other, current Adobe programs: Photoshop Elements 11, and Premiere Elements 11. They are often sold in bundles, for about the MSRP on one. Together, they will handle most Still Image editing needs, and also Video creation and editing. They are both very inexpensive, but powerful programs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points